Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Cleveland Clinic  (Read 466 times)

Offline pattylea

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Cleveland Clinic
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
My husband has been dealing with a major complication following bi-lateral partial knee replacements for the last 11 YEARS!!  Even after all this time, no one has been able to determine what the problem is.  Since this time, he has had many interventions.  We are at the end of the road at this point, and the only idea we can come up with is to start all over again, and he is going to go to the Cleveland Clinic (we live in Wisconsin).  We think the best department for him to visit to start with will be the Neurology Department, and we are wondering if anyone can recommend the name of a Neurologist that he could see?  He has severe, debilitating pain 24 hours a day.  There has never been any medication or procedure that has helped him.   Some of the interventions that have already been tried are:  revisions on both knees, saphenous nerve resection; sympathetic nerve block, two spinal cord stimulator trials, pain doctors, chiropractor, acupuncture, peripheral nerve surgery, lumbar injection, along with every test, bloodwork, x-rays, MRI's, etc.  We have no where else to turn, and would appreciate your recommendation for a Neurology doctor at the Cleveland Clinic.  Thank you!

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 96
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Cleveland Clinic
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:48:17 AM »
Curious - I responded but my response did not appear - so apologies if you get this twice.

I am sure someone will hop onto the post who knows the doctors at the Cleveland Clinic Neurology section, but meanwhile I found this post which you might find interesting, and you might be able to check out the two people who wrote it. https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/genicular-nerve-radiofrequency-ablation-select-patients-persistent-pain/
--
KNEEguru