Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant  (Read 528 times)

Offline jeepgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant
« on: September 21, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
Hey everyone, been a long time since I've been on here but was really helpful & informative.

13 years ago I had a Medial Meniscus Transplant. Its been pretty good for the last 11 I would say, just had an MRI:

Anterior horn is very irregular in contour with horizontal signal in the body and posterior horn. This signal extends to the apex and inferior surface .
Findings reflect complex degenerative and horizontal tearing.

obviously its torn and I'm having surgery next month, has anyone torn their transplant?

Thanks for reading:)

LK= #4 med meniscectomy, #1Med. Meniscus Transplant. #1ACI. #3 LOA.† #1Microfrx & nerve decompression
RK= microfrx, med meniscetomy
RK Fulkerson. ACI Trochlea & Medial Femoral. Screw removal

Offline Catherine88

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
Re: Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:22:40 AM »

Hi, canít help you with that, as Iím living without lateral meniscus itís been 3 years, and things are getting better as I progress in strengthening:) But I do have some questions, are you going to just have it fixed/removed a part of it or are you going to replace the whole thing? Also, please, let us know if your cartilwdge has been saved with the transplant. Let us know, thanks:)

Hey everyone, been a long time since I've been on here but was really helpful & informative.

13 years ago I had a Medial Meniscus Transplant. Its been pretty good for the last 11 I would say, just had an MRI:

Anterior horn is very irregular in contour with horizontal signal in the body and posterior horn. This signal extends to the apex and inferior surface .
Findings reflect complex degenerative and horizontal tearing.

obviously its torn and I'm having surgery next month, has anyone torn their transplant?

Thanks for reading:)

Offline JuhaH

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • Own site
Re: Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 05:34:47 AM »
Hi,

13 years is a really long life for the allograft. Have you discussed with a doctor about a meniscus transplant revision? Rich has been doing a meniscus revision surgery and telling the story of his knee here.

Good luck.
Skiing accident in january 2010. Left knee, medial joint space narrowing and constant pain following partial meniscectomy (30% medial meniscus left). Trying to prolong the knee replacement as long as I can.

support