Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant  (Read 309 times)

Offline jeepgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant
« on: September 21, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
Hey everyone, been a long time since I've been on here but was really helpful & informative.

13 years ago I had a Medial Meniscus Transplant. Its been pretty good for the last 11 I would say, just had an MRI:

Anterior horn is very irregular in contour with horizontal signal in the body and posterior horn. This signal extends to the apex and inferior surface .
Findings reflect complex degenerative and horizontal tearing.

obviously its torn and I'm having surgery next month, has anyone torn their transplant?

Thanks for reading:)

LK= #4 med meniscectomy, #1Med. Meniscus Transplant. #1ACI. #3 LOA.† #1Microfrx & nerve decompression
RK= microfrx, med meniscetomy
RK Fulkerson. ACI Trochlea & Medial Femoral. Screw removal

Offline Catherine88

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
Re: Tears to 13 yr Old Meniscus Transplant
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:22:40 AM »

Hi, canít help you with that, as Iím living without lateral meniscus itís been 3 years, and things are getting better as I progress in strengthening:) But I do have some questions, are you going to just have it fixed/removed a part of it or are you going to replace the whole thing? Also, please, let us know if your cartilwdge has been saved with the transplant. Let us know, thanks:)

Hey everyone, been a long time since I've been on here but was really helpful & informative.

13 years ago I had a Medial Meniscus Transplant. Its been pretty good for the last 11 I would say, just had an MRI:

Anterior horn is very irregular in contour with horizontal signal in the body and posterior horn. This signal extends to the apex and inferior surface .
Findings reflect complex degenerative and horizontal tearing.

obviously its torn and I'm having surgery next month, has anyone torn their transplant?

Thanks for reading:)