Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Six years post PFPS  (Read 1053 times)

Offline SuspectDevice

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 45
Re: Six years post PFPS
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 03:08:01 AM »
Update. 

Gone backwards a bit as I tried to get back into triathlon.  Did one small race, then went downhill from there.  Obviously I'm not on top of it yet, but it is easier to live with now I know how to control it better & actually understand what is going on (synovial irritation/inflammation & patella chondromalacia).
L Medial menisectomy 2012
PFPS both knees 2012-2017
Pre-CRPS diagnosed 2014 (I think this was crap)
2017 - 90+% cured via Dr Dye's research
2018 - MTB crash, busted collarbone & ribs - easy compared to knees!
2019 - ride 3x/week, swim 2x/week, gym 2x/week, aiming to get back to short triathlons

Offline James NZ

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 07:39:33 AM »
What rehab exercises did you begin with? Or did you rest as much as possible to get the pain down in order to remain in your envelope of function?

Offline SuspectDevice

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 06:42:36 AM »
What rehab exercises did you begin with? Or did you rest as much as possible to get the pain down in order to remain in your envelope of function?

Hi James

In recent times no real rehab exercises, I just backed off, esp. had to quit running.

I've improved to another level now, doing more regular cycling (usually about 60mins solid 3x/week) and gym work including legs.  I can still feel the problem lurking, but much better than it was at it's worse.  I use ice & TENS machine now more regularly to settle pain/discomfort.

Thinking of trying to ease back into running in a few months, but if things go south, I'll give it away and just be happy with swim/cycling/gym.

At the start of the nightmare 7yrs ago, I could do no rehab, exercises at all.  I just did easy walking for about 15-20mins/day & swimming with no kicking.
L Medial menisectomy 2012
PFPS both knees 2012-2017
Pre-CRPS diagnosed 2014 (I think this was crap)
2017 - 90+% cured via Dr Dye's research
2018 - MTB crash, busted collarbone & ribs - easy compared to knees!
2019 - ride 3x/week, swim 2x/week, gym 2x/week, aiming to get back to short triathlons