Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Protonics brace??!??!?  (Read 4183 times)

Offline TimJ

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Protonics brace??!??!?
« on: August 02, 2002, 03:25:42 AM »
Anyone had any experience with this?  www.protonics.com

Just got back from PT today (new therapist) and she wants to see if my insurance will pop for it -  it is supposed to correct the angle of the pelvis and she thinks this will give me pain relief.  Anyone heard of it or had any success with it?

burbn8r

Re: Protonics brace??!??!?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 04:41:47 PM »
  I wore the protonics brace after my after my TTT. Usually the brace is tried before any type of surgery is done. In my case my OS had hoped to force my quad and hamstrings to work correctly since regular PT failed. I did not get any results from it other than it giving support but that is because my knee was too severely damaged for the muscles to fire properly.

I will tell you the brace is huge, it is not something that can be worn under pants or sweats. I actually nicknamed mine the frankenbrace. If your insurance won't pay for it they are quite pricing, around $1100 including tax.

There were a few people on the old forum that did have good results with it. You should try a kneeguru search of the old forum and look through the old postings.

Offline Christine

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 06:31:13 PM »
I used the Protonics brace after my first round of traditional pt failed. The Protonics did seem help me for the first 2-3 months I used it, but then it's effectiveness declined.  It turned out that the source of my knee problems had been misdiagnosed from the start and that the Protonics would not have helped me long-term anyway. I have to say that it does help put you back into the right pelvo-femoral alignment, but there have got to be other, less-expensive ways to do that. I'd hold off on the brace unless your insurance will pay for all of it.  :)

Offline monkeygirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2002, 07:53:49 PM »
You need to speak with your OS- I asked mine about the Protonics brace last week... I had taken the info off protonics.com- He threw it in the garbage  :-/... SO apparently it depends on your own situation. I have seen some good some bad reviews...

support