Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MPFL reconstruction  (Read 3611 times)

Offline bdmrad

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
MPFL reconstruction
« on: April 14, 2004, 04:52:32 AM »
I am about six month s/p medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction for recurrent patellar dislocation.  VMO still quite atrophied but my limp is almost gone. I was able to snowboard in March, but still not able to jog or run.  I think I need to be a bit more compulsive about strength training for my quads.  I am happy with my decision to have this procedure rather than LR or TTT.  It may not be the best procedure for every dislocater, but it deserves consideration.
MPFL reconstruction 10/03

Offline wen

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: MPFL reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »
Hi, I hope your knee is still feeling stable. Who did  your surgery and what was it reconstructed with? W

Offline Thekaratekid

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: MPFL reconstruction
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »
Hello bdmrad,

I'm really pleased that this surgery seems to have worked for you. Snowboarding! Wow that must have felt great after knee problems? Was that your first time at doing it?

I've had knee problems for over 11 years now and 7 months ago I had an LR carried out for the wrong reasons, it may my knee worse as the kneecap was now even more unstabe than before. I have changed surgeons and am now due to have a MPFL reconstruction at the end of July, I wondered if you had good tips or advice please?

Thanks

Trace
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:12:01 PM by Thekaratekid »
23/07/08 - MPFL Reconstruction
28/11/07 - LR (Failed)
4 years of physio and acupuncture
23/12/03 - Arthroscopy
7 years of physio, insoles, brace, MRI scans and Xrays
1996 - knee problems started

support