Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Arthrozene supplement  (Read 599 times)

Offline cspike2

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Arthrozene supplement
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:54:25 PM »
I did a search for this, but didn't come up with anything.  And this might only be available in the US, not sure.  I stumbled across an info-ad for this stuff on yahoo.  It was one of those ads that have a video with only words, talking on and on and keeping you waiting for the actual product for way too long.  I looked up the company that sells it and they have a good/decent reputation. 
The supplement is a mix of ApresFlex, Mobilee and B-2Cool, or basically boswellia serrata extract, hyaluronic acid, collagen type II and glucosaminoglycans.  They state that you could be feeling better in as little as 5 days.  My chondromalacia history is quite long and painful, resulting in me stopping all exercise in 2017.  I thought what the heck.  I'm at week two of taking this stuff and my knees do indeed feel great.  I'm not back riding a bike or running, but I almost feel like I could.  My shoulder has also started feeling better during and after swimming.  I'm a little skeptical, worrying that there may be some hidden pain reliever in this stuff as it is working so well for me.  I believe the boswellia serrata extract is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so maybe that is that big helper.  I purchased 3 bottles to start, but may end up buying more.
Anyone else heard of this stuff or tried it?  I know there are some similar products out there as well, but this is the first time I've heard of this. I've taken glucosamine in the past, and had hyaluronic injections as well.  I'd hate to shell out $45+ dollars a month for a supplement, but if it gets me back on a bike riding with my children, I guess it would be worth it.

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 349
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Arthrozene supplement
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
I would be asking the manufacturers to supply the clinical trial data supporting their medical claims. Without it I wouldn't touch any supplement being sold on the net with an extremely long barge pole. Snake oil spring to my mind, I'm afraid (but I'm a cynic when it comes to unsubstantiated clinical claims and promise of a miracle cure).

Hope it works out for you
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
More tears and wear, scope planned in Jan 2019 to tidy up

Offline cspike2

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
I completely agree. I am very skeptical as well, about supplements in general. My mind is very conflicted on using it.  I showed my MD, and based on the label he had nothing bad to say. 
I will try to research the ingredients more when I have some time, but I'll post the web page in the mean time.
https://arthrozene.com/research#research-type-2-native-collagen-section

Offline cspike2

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
The pain/discomfort relief is most likely due to the Boswellia Serrata Extract as it is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent.  So using something like this you still need to be careful that that decrease in pain doesn't cause you to exercise more vigorously and do damage that you ultimately might not feel.  I see this ingredient in many other new joint supplements.