Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Serious Knee Pain. No Diagnosis or Solution. Please Read & Help!  (Read 539 times)

Offline KaileyJade

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi. Iíve been having knee trouble for over a year now. At first it was one knee that only hurt when I would bend it and straighten it. A physical therapist said I had tendinitis & recommend I ice it and take Advilís each day to help with pain and inflammation. I did that for weeks, with no relief. Over time my knee pain had gradually became more and I play basketball so while running I started to limp. About 5 months ago I went to a doctor and had an MRI done, nothing showed up. He said that I simply had a knee problem that happens with most teen girls and that my knee cap was a little loose so he recommend I do therapy for 6 weeks and sold me a brace to keep my knee cap in place. The knee brace seemed to help with the pain for a bit but then my other knee began to hurt. I started doing therapy for both knees and did for over 6 weeks, it didnít help so I stopped. Now both of my knees hurt when bending and straightening. I canít sit for too long because that causes pain, it hurts climbing and going down stairs, I can hardly run at all anymore, and they even hurt when I simply do nothing. I find that the pain is behind my knee cap and around when I apply pressure to my knees. Also, when I walk sometimes, I will step and my knee will just jerk causing sharp pain that almost causes me to lose balance. Iíve basically gotten to the point that I tell myself Iíll have to get used to this pain and deal with it the rest of my life :( It honestly gets to the point to where I just cry because of the pain. Any advice for pain or suggestions on what I should do? Itíd be greatly appreciated thank you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:08:48 AM by KaileyJade »

Offline LisaWilliams38

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 14
Re: Serious Knee Pain. No Diagnosis or Solution. Please Read & Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 12:41:41 AM »
I can't tell from your post what age range of "teen" you're in, but I CAN say our pediatric orthopedist says there IS such a thing as Chronic Pain of Childhood, which is also known as "growing pains." Have you stopped growing or are you still getting slightly taller each year? If you haven't stopped growing, this could easily explain your knee pain.

My 12 yr old suffered debilitating knee pain all during basketball season this winter and couldn't get up/down the stairs many days. He's not super tall, nor has he had a growth spurt, nor is he in the middle of a growth spurt. That's what led us to his pediatric orthopedist. Honestly, Owen had to take 2 months off from basketball, and remember----- he's NOT having a growth spurt. I have loads of knee issues and just pray he isn't following in my footsteps. Our orthopedist said to expect more of this when Owen DOES hit his puberty growth spurt. He also said there have been teenage boys in his office CRYING from such severe shin pain, when nothing can be found wrong---except they often play basketball or run track, AND are still growing. :( Thus, your pain IS real, and IS debilitating, so I am in no way saying it's not. I truly feel for you.  :-\

Most girls stop growing around 5th-6th grade, but we know many in Jr High and High School that haven't stopped----that's why I was curious about your age. If you're still growing, that could at least be part of your answer.

--Lisa
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:43:37 AM by LisaWilliams38 »
'98 R plica
'99 L resect discoid meniscus
'01 L  meniscus tear
'02 R  meniscus tear
'10, R meniscus tears, Bursectomy
'13, R 3 meniscus tears, Grd 3 Biocartilage fil
'15 R Oct-ACI harvest,
'15 R Dec-ACI implant
'16 R Mar-lysis of adhesions
'16 R Mar-MUA
'18 L 3 menis tears, Grade 4 Biocartilage fill

Offline LisaWilliams38

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:52:21 AM »
I see that you've also posted this in different sections of the forum. Others have some VERY interesting info for you in case you haven't checked back yet. :)

Best of luck to you.

--Lisa
'98 R plica
'99 L resect discoid meniscus
'01 L  meniscus tear
'02 R  meniscus tear
'10, R meniscus tears, Bursectomy
'13, R 3 meniscus tears, Grd 3 Biocartilage fil
'15 R Oct-ACI harvest,
'15 R Dec-ACI implant
'16 R Mar-lysis of adhesions
'16 R Mar-MUA
'18 L 3 menis tears, Grade 4 Biocartilage fill

Offline ellen87

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 02:37:01 AM »
Try checking out a blood flow stimulation device! I've heard they can help a lot with tendonitis and chronic knee pain. Also just try resting :(( I know it sucks but it will probably help.

Offline Semone

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
    • sbobet mobile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:13:24 AM »
Should hurry to check for treatment May cause chronic symptoms

support