Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ?Raising the Patella?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline mark

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
?Raising the Patella?
« on: October 18, 2002, 02:51:17 AM »
Hi there,
I am to see the doc in one month to discuss surgically raising the patella ??? to take the excess pressure off of the knee joint. Is there a name for this? Has anyone had this done, if so what can I expect? Thanks for your help. Mark
2/95 Rt knee scope, 3/96 L knee scope, mencus repair, 1/02 L knee scope, realligned patella debrided cartlage damage, 10/02 carticel harvest attemped, failed, 12/02  L knee Fulkerson

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
Re: ?Raising the Patella?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 02:55:11 AM »
I can't wait to hear more about this because my OS mentioned it as a possibility for me.  I have a zillion questions about this--I will see him on Tuesday when I find out what info he got when he presented my case at his conference this week.

Good luck, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Sheri

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 04:53:12 AM »
Sounds like a TTT to me.   ;D  I had one on 10/07/02 and am just getting through the toughest part.  I had a Fulkerson.  This is supposed to move the kneecap over a little more permanently (I had LRs two years ago, and they moved back over anyway) and it raises the kneecap up some, so it doesn't rub the knee joint as much.  

Do a search of this web site for tibial tubercle transfer and read up on everything.  Then, ask your OS if this is what he is talking about.  There are several different types of TTT. See which one he is thinking of doing, then you can do a little more in-depth research.  

Good luck.

Sheri
Sheri
RLR and LLR in 2000, grade IV chrondromalacia, right Fulkerson TTT on 10/07/02, left Fulkerson TTT on 01/06/03.

Offline Tizzy953

• Forum Faithful
  • Go AZ D-Backs/Cardina ls
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2002, 05:43:45 AM »
Mark,
Sue is exactly right, this was one of the surgeries that was past into my area.  She explained exactly what it is.  This type of surgery also rarely needs screws also. Hope it all goes well.
Kenzie
11/93-R ankle recon; 10/94-L ankle recon, 2/96-R shoulder stabilization+3 screws, 2/97-dislocated jaw, 11/99- LR L knee, 5/02-diagonstic scope L knee, 1/14/03- TTT+LR L knee, 9/9/03-L knee hardware removal, cartilage cleanup

Offline mark

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 05:35:48 PM »
Thank you all so much for your information!!!! Now if I can find out which one the surgeon will do Ill be set. The screws into the tibia sounds painful in just itself. Where do they get the bone wedge from if its your own bone? Do you have to take anti-rejecton drugs if it comes from a donor cadaver? Im now 17 days post op from a more or less clean up scope and still cant walk, Ive never been on crutches this long! I cant seem to get the swelling out of my knee. Any other surgery I have been of the crutch in 10 days or less. Im hoping that it does not stay this way forever. Ok, enough whining!! Thanks again for the info. Mark ;D
2/95 Rt knee scope, 3/96 L knee scope, mencus repair, 1/02 L knee scope, realligned patella debrided cartlage damage, 10/02 carticel harvest attemped, failed, 12/02  L knee Fulkerson