Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee making strange sounds after trochleoplasty  (Read 206 times)

Offline MatK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee making strange sounds after trochleoplasty
« on: July 01, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »
Hello,

after a long period of thinking whether to do a trochleoplasty+MPFL reconstruction or not, i decided to get one for my injured left leg. It was on the 11th of April, almost 12 weeks ago now.
The Post-Treament went pretty well, i managed to get all the flexion goals quite easily.

So far, everything went fine, i can walk again and so on, but since 2 weeks, my knee makes weird sounds with some movements, and i do not know where it comes from, i fear that the placement between trochlea and patella is off or something. It is also NOT reproducable, when i make the same movement, the sounds don't occur again. One hour ago, i had the sound while walking downstairs and it was extremely unsettling for me, as i was really happy that the surgery went fine and now i fear there's something wrong with my knee. My physio told my it could be the hamstrings or some other tendons around the joint. But i feel like it is IN the joint itself. Did anyone make this experiences as well after the trochleoplasty? And did it go away after the healing process (~6months) is finished?

Thank you in advance!

edit: i forgot to mention that it is NOT painful, it's just making strange sounds, its feeling weird in the moment but afterwards it feels normal again. If there is a problem with the patella/trochlea , shouldnt my knee start to swell and be painful?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:12:51 PM by MatK, Reason: forgot something »

Offline mamason

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 3
Re: Knee making strange sounds after trochleoplasty
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:45:07 PM »
My son had those noises, no big deal.  It took a few months to go away but the surgery was well worth it.  Longest time in his life without any disclocations.
6/09- L MPFL repair, arthoscopy, lateral release, chondroplasty
4/10 - R - Arthoscopy, mircofracture, lateral femoral condyle, lateral release, chondroplasty patella, MPFL repair with medial reefing
1/16- L - Trochleoplasty, MPFL reconstruction

support