Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Patella Maltracking  (Read 292 times)

Offline montana

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella Maltracking
« on: June 22, 2018, 06:32:44 PM »
Hello,

I am currently suffering from Patella Maltracking and I have been struggling with this for almost three years now. I have tried physical therapy and that inflamed my knee so badly that I could barely walk and the pain was unbearable. I have done my exercises everyday. I have been to the doctor several times and they just keep telling me that it is a long and frustrating process and to be patient.

I have missed out on so many hikes with my mom. I hold all my friends back when I do end up hiking or doing a lot of activity. My knee hurts all the time. The pain never really goes away. I am so frustrated and I am running out of options. So I googled patella maltracking and came among this site. 

I am really looking for some ideas on what to do. I have tried gradually starting to run and hike and shoot hoops. I really want to be able to do all those things again but right now it just is so painful. My knee is swollen all the time.

Offline frustrated101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 6
Re: Patella Maltracking
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »
Try leg weights, and use a knee extension exercise.  Build the quad.  Do it every other day, 3 sets of 8 reps and ice afterwards.  Hope you get better.

Offline Christine10S

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Patella Maltracking
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 02:35:46 AM »
Hi! Can I ask your age?
Did this happen because of an injury?
Iím in the same boat; itís tough.
Have you had an MRI to confirm?