Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Single Leg Raise PAIN  (Read 334 times)

Offline scclimber

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Single Leg Raise PAIN
« on: July 04, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »
Hi all,

I suffered a comminuted displaced fracture from a rock climbing fall. Had my patella in about 5 pieces and was fixed using tension band wiring and a cerclage wire.

My doc had me immobilized in a brace for 6 weeks, and then full weight bearing without any brace after the 6 week appt. I have started PT now for the past 2 weeks, where my PT is mainly focusing on ROM. I am at about 90 as of now with some aggressive bending.

From being immobilized for so long, i suffered major quad atrophy. And now cannot do for the like of me  a SLR without any assistance. My PT even had me try doing a seated leg extension, which caused some major pain at certain angles (felt like bone on bone grating!). I am 23 years old, and the cartilage damage was not anything major according to the doc.

I am just wondering is this pain is normal and expected?? I almost prefer the pain from bending to the pain from extension. I have nooo idea how im going to build quad strength if I cant even manage to do the most simple quad exercise (SLR).

Would love to hear anyone elses experiences and/or advice  ;D ;D

support