Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Where to get a isotope bone scan (UK)?  (Read 2715 times)

Offline tom1989

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Where to get a isotope bone scan (UK)?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 10:22:46 PM »
Hi Tom...glad you got your scan done but no report!? Would you have a follow up with Dr Dye to interpret them? Good luck and hope your knees are feeling better.

Sorry, forgot to reply to this - been busy with other stuff.

Yeh, wasn't particularly suprised when they didn't provide a report - the service was pretty poor overall.

Speaking with Dr Dye tomorrow evening so we'll see what he says!

Good luck - update us when you can

Just spoke with him. Apparently the bone scan showed my knees were in excellent condition (so MRI and bone scan are fine).

He said that I should get on celebrex and gabapentin. Also reduce my steps to 3000 a day.

This has left me in a pretty poor state mentally. I think I had too high expectations from Dr Dye (although he is most certainly an excellent doctor) - I think I just have to accepted that my knees will be like this forever  :'(

Offline adamas

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »
Hi Tom...glad you got your scan done but no report!? Would you have a follow up with Dr Dye to interpret them? Good luck and hope your knees are feeling better.

Yeh, wasn't particularly suprised when they didn't provide a report - the service was pretty poor overall.

Just spoke with him. Apparently the bone scan showed my knees were in excellent condition (so MRI and bone scan are fine).

He said that I should get on celebrex and gabapentin. Also reduce my steps to 3000 a day.

This has left me in a pretty poor state mentally. I think I had too high expectations from Dr Dye (although he is most certainly an excellent doctor) - I think I just have to accepted that my knees will be like this forever  :'(

Since the bone scan and MRI are clear, did he diagnose you with something? Synovitis perhaps?

How many steps are you walking now on average? 3000 steps is hardly enough to carry on a normal life with a desk job.

When I was in the UK, I talked about going on Gabapentin with my PT, but it is hard to convince a doctor to prescribe it off-label. Its approved uses are for epilepsy, diabetic neuropathy and neuropathic pain, so it's a very powerful drug.

Offline STRONG UK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2018, 09:10:49 AM »

Well the fact your scans are all normal is very reassuring. Of course it still doesn't explain the knee pain (I am in the same boat)!

His treatment recommendations suggest that he suspects chronic inflammation and/or over sensitive pain system. But why reduce step count to 3000/day if all is well structurally with your knees?!?

Have you considered or tried acupuncture? I know it's been years of knee pain and searching for answers....it must be frustrating for you. I will send you a PM shortly.

Offline JuliaZ

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
I have bad knee pain for years and the doctors couldn't figure out why. All my x-ray, Mri, bone scan and blood work came out normal.

Offline tom1989

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
I have bad knee pain for years and the doctors couldn't figure out why. All my x-ray, Mri, bone scan and blood work came out normal.

welcome to the club

support