Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Menisectomy what happens next?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Heisman14

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Menisectomy what happens next?
« on: May 19, 2018, 12:10:44 AM »
I had complete ACL reconstruction with an allograft. A repair of my medial meniscus and a menisectomy of my lateral. What happens now? Will I eventually need to have my lateral repaired because itís now weak or will it be alright that there isnít a full meniscus there?

Offline Catherine88

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 6
Re: Menisectomy what happens next?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »
I had complete ACL reconstruction with an allograft. A repair of my medial meniscus and a menisectomy of my lateral. What happens now? Will I eventually need to have my lateral repaired because itís now weak or will it be alright that there isnít a full meniscus there?
What happens to you is largely dependent on how well you look after it. Beat in mind that now you have a weakened and so you need to compensate for it by making your muscles strongest ever! I'm serious about it..don't come back to sports and particularly any kind of running until and unless you have big muscles envelopping your leg, so do loads of isolated muscle excercises. You also need to have a perfect balance and proprioception, think bosu balancing on the affected leg. you also need to recuperate the full extension you had before and to the extent possible the flexion, I did mine, but it took time. There ll be lots of down times, don't let it pull you down. Slow down, recuperate and then continue on your road to recovery, which to me took almost 2 years!! But I'm back, and still making my leg even stronger. Good luck and hard work!

support