Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Denovo NT - Lateral Femoral Condyle - 1 Year Post Op - Canada  (Read 1232 times)

Offline paulallanchristie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi Everyone,

May 15, 2018 - 1 year following my Denovo NT on my right knee. 2 packets were used to repair a cartilage defect that I had lived with for almost 20 years. I live in Vancouver Canada and I waited three years for the procedure that was funded via some research funding at the University Hospital. It was the first time my surgeon had every attempted the surgery. There is and was very little information about 1 year and 2 year post op experiences on this message board so I wanted to post mine.

In simple terms, for much of the last year, my experience was up and down. For every step forward it felt like I was taking two steps back. I was still using crutches long past the prescribed period from the usual protocols and was still using 1 crutch to help keep weight off the joint as late as month 5. I had trouble taking stairs for almost 11 months and only in the last 4 weeks have I experienced a marked improvement.

It's been an insane journey, but I'm happy to report that my knee has finally crossed a new threshold. I now believe that my knee is going to be fundamentally better than it was before the surgery and that any gains from here on in as the tissue continues to heal will markedly improve my quality of life.

Even though it doesn't feel like progress is being made, it is - it just takes an insanely long time.

So, hang in there - if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Paul

Offline 01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Re: Denovo NT - Lateral Femoral Condyle - 1 Year Post Op - Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
Congratulations on your success, Paul! I hope you continue to see improvement.

One important thing you can share is where in the knee your cartilage defect was. I think success rate do differ based on the size and location of the defect.
04/2016 Denovo NT on LFC/trochlea

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 404
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:54:48 PM »
He says right lateral condyle in the thread title  :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline 01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
He says right lateral condyle in the thread title  :)
Ha! I completely missed that -- thanks!  :D
04/2016 Denovo NT on LFC/trochlea

support