Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PCL, PLC & LCL Combined Injury  (Read 803 times)

Offline Climbingnut878

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PCL, PLC & LCL Combined Injury
« on: March 11, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »
I had a motorcycle accident (car on the wrong side of the road overtaking!), hit me head on with the impact on the shin, pushing it backwards.
According to the scan, the PCL is torn but not completely (poss grade 2), the posterolateral corner is also damaged (not seen on the scan) but indicated through manipulation of the knee while under general aenesthetic and a tear to the lateral collateral ligament as well.
My surgeon suggested a PCL brace for a number of months, but due to various cockups and delays, I wonít have it until 12 April 18. At this point Iíll be 2 1/2 months post accident. My question is, will this be too late?
I have major laxity in the joint, if I could measure it I reckon itís about 1/2 inch. Is it all going to heal in the wrong place before I get the brace and will surgery now be the only option?  Any help/advice would be helpful, I see my surgeon again this week.

Offline Climbingnut878

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: PCL, PLC & LCL Combined Injury
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »
Side by side of the two knees. My feet and ankles are together and the swelling on the shin is from the ROM brace Iím wearing until I get the PCL brace.

support