Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Its been a year!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline suzie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Its been a year!
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:24:39 AM »
Hi! It will be a year on April 23rd . I had a meniscus tear and arthritis scoped . I was on crutches for six weeks hurt to bear weight on the knee. I started swimming and riding bike and eliminated distance walking .
At the time of the surgery I had what the doctor called a fatty lipoma on the right side of the knee joint which since surgery has gotten bigger. I have fallen on the knee and since then it continually locks up. I have lost strength in the knee and leg . What do I do so many people say get a second opinion first doctor wont replace due to my age of 41 but said the knee joint is shot. His only solution is to lose weight but I am in constant pain which has caused a vicisious circle. Any suggestions and what about the fatty lipoma? Suzie :(

Offline sienna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Anyone seen the light at the end of the tunnel?
Re: Its been a year!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:12:55 PM »
Do what your friends have said and go and get another opinion.  There are plenty of good os out there and you can even look here for some people in your area.
There are lots of things out there so that you don't have to be in pain.
Short term, ice can be your best friend.  And perhaps see a pt to help you strenghten your knee and leg again.

Good luck in your search for answers.  And keep us posted. :)
rk posterior meniscus tear. Successfully repaired 10 Sep,03. Now have nerve damage and cps which goes with it.  I want to slap the person who said 'It just takes time....'

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Its been a year!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 07:15:47 PM »
Hey !!

You should really go and get a second opinion. Of course it's not easy to excercise if you are in pain.
Maybe you should also try hydrotherapy for your knee, simply excercise in a pool. I do that in a hot pool, it's my only way to excercise cause I'm in severe pain.
Good luck to you.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support