Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Derotational femoral osteotomy and knee arthroscopy  (Read 909 times)

twiddlebuff

Derotational femoral osteotomy and knee arthroscopy
« on: April 20, 2018, 12:03:05 AM »
 So I'm about 30 hours post op at this point. my operation was scheduled for 8:40 it didn't start until about 9:30 yesterday morning and I remember coming out of the recovery room around 4 p.m. So far it's been nothing but an uphill struggle with pain.
The last five years have been taking hydrocodone with acetaminophen to deal with the pain of my genu valgum (knock knees) apparently this is set me back quite a bit as none of the medications that they've given me have been working. I had a nerve block put in during the surgery and toward the end of it as well so at the beginning I'm getting into my room I felt amazing they gave me some Dilaudid Tramadol Tylenol and some muscle relaxers and I felt great as the night went on the Block begin to wear off in the pain started to get worse and worse. I spent the majority of last night crying in pain and today was spent playing my games and trying to figure out something that may or may not work for me around 4:30 or 5 they decided to give me Academy and drip that's currently 6:58 p.m. so this is been going on for a couple of hours now as long as I don't move I can tolerate the pain if I move forget it if there's backup Everything Burns and I wind up in tears again. I had a few visits from family members today but I wasn't really up for seeing many people I'm still not up for seeing anyone tonight either I just want to lay here motionless and listen to the tapping of the pump going next to me hoping I can get a wink of sleep. Up until this Ketamine idea, I had an appetite and was able to set up now I can't do either I can't even think of food without wanting to gag. The nurse is here in Vermont say that once I get through the first 48 Hours the rest isn't all that bad I'll probably post another update tomorrow.[/b]

Offline schinz

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Derotational femoral osteotomy and knee arthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 03:46:14 PM »
Good Morning....My daughter had this surgery on both legs at the same time.  Please watch this video...I hope this will cheer you up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3sfSDeq9rk

Offline Elonmasx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Derotational femoral osteotomy and knee arthroscopy
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 06:37:40 AM »
Like a story I've met in the past. I am impressedů

support