Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain after surgery on the left side of my left knee  (Read 229 times)

Offline cripplegirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain after surgery on the left side of my left knee
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
A couple months ago, I was at a ski camp and participating in a mock GS race when I caught an edge and fell. I completely ruptured the ACL in my left leg and tore the meniscus. My doctor and I decided to use the patellar tendon as my new ACL and to suture up my meniscus. So I got surgery on my left knee on March 28, 2018 and today is April 8, 2018. I started PT about three days after surgery and have gone twice now. So far I can flex my quad pretty strongly and I can lift my leg straight up on a good day. Also, I can bend me leg to about 90 degrees when I sit on the edge of the bed. (FYI I have been on spring break for the whole time so I have been elevating and icing my leg a lot. The swelling has gone down quite a bit). Just yesterday night, I stood on my good leg for the longest time since the surgery and so my bad leg was at gravity's mercy. Afterwards, my bad leg was warm and my foot was a little swollen. I didn't think much of it, which is why I then proceeded to do exercises given to me by my therapist. For some reason, it hurt so much more than when I did them in the morning. By then, I was tired and frustrated. Half an hour later, I was all ready for bed, with my leg elevated and me laying on my back. Last night was when I felt this pain in the left side of my left knee the most. It came from one of my incisions and it was so sharp and tight. It felt like someone took the skin and muscle, pulled it taught then just stabbed it with a pointy knife. I some how got some sleep and this morning the pain was even worse. I can no longer flex my quad without a lot of pain and I also can't do the leg lifts. The pain radiates from the incision and goes down the left side of my quad. I don't know what is happening. I was fine all yesterday and then all of a sudden my incision is being a total butt nugget. It also hurts when I rub it, turn my leg, or crutch around the house. So pretty much everything except when I'm sitting and not moving.

What are your guys' thoughts and ideas as to why this is happening? PLEASE help me. I'm really concerned.

-cripplegirl

Offline cripplegirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Pain after surgery on the left side of my left knee
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »
Update: I took a shower last night and the pain some how just disappeared. I think its because the warmth loosened everything up. Welp, mystery solved!