Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2 Year Post ACL Surgery Limping  (Read 279 times)

Offline addonath

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 Year Post ACL Surgery Limping
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:58:00 AM »
Hey All,

I've really been trying to find similar instances and or a solution to the issue I've been dealing with. I had ACL Surgery on my left leg 6/20/2016 in which I took a graft from my hamstring. I waited 10 months before returning to playing flag football in May of 2017.  I don't feel any true limitations to me playing or any pain while playing.

Quite noticeably and not to my knowledge my teammates would ask me if I was okay because I can be seen visibly limping on my left leg. I chalked this up as to still getting back into it and maybe at some point when I got my leg strength underneath me this would disappear. I'm still limping to this date and a majority of the time I do limp will be during games, after games or whenever I am exerting my knee in a moderate to intense manner. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this? Is this a result of inflammation impacting my range of motion on the leg? My ortho hasn't noted any limitations to my ROM, and I am able to do full extension of my leg. I have noticed as of late that I get a little bit of resistance after my flag football games in my left leg to do a full extension as I have to kind've push through so to say or fight through some pain to extend. I haven't been able to monitor how often that happens or how it is.

If anyone can provide some insight and or similar situations that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone.

support