Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Torn Meniscus or Patella Tendon ?  (Read 263 times)

Offline Lb54321

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Torn Meniscus or Patella Tendon ?
« on: March 31, 2018, 04:11:40 PM »
Dislocated my patella 2 weeks ago dancing. Was on crutches for a week. An x-ray was  done but no MRI
So...
I have difficulty straightening my leg all the way and lifting it straight, it seems to be getting better but i know that is a symptom of a patella tear so that freaks me out!
My knee is still swollen on the top left, the inside of my kneecap has a pinching pain and bruising (basically right on the meniscus)
My knee is fairly stable and I can walk on it without buckling, but not jumping/dancing yet. Bending my knee too much beyond 90° is nearly impossible due to stiffness and pain.
Based on symptoms, does it sound like my patella tendon is okay and I just tore my meniscus?

Offline selenoz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Torn Meniscus or Patella Tendon ?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »
I know there are many more experienced users here, and I definitely don't want to misinform you but we have similar symptoms so I wanted to share my condition, so maybe it helps.

I injured myself during playing volleyball and after the injury I had trouble in extending my leg fully and leg raise was impossible because of the pain, but I experienced no stability issues. It has been almost three months since then, now walking and climbing down/up the stairs are not really painful but I am still not able to extend my leg due to stiffness and pain and leg raise is now possible but with a pain. But I don't want to scare you about the length of the recovery since it is partly my fault. My doctor didn't see my problem in my first visit and told me to continue playing which significantly worsened my situation. It's actually been 6 weeks since I have stopped doing impact sports.

My MRI results show that I have patellar tendonitis plus moderate bone contusion (probably caused by a harsh landing on my knees) but I have no tears in any of the ligaments or meniscus).

If it is possible it would be better if you get MRI because it is good to know what you are dealing with. Hope you don't have any tears.

Good luck

Offline Christine10S

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Torn Meniscus or Patella Tendon ?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 05:08:54 AM »
Hi-
Can you tell me your symptoms is the patellar tendinitis that you have? My MRI recently came back “patellar tendons unremarkable”, which I assume means they are fine... my Ortho said I have PFS & bursitis but I often get pain right below my kneecap. It doesn’t last for long, I just get nervous that my diagnosis was possibly incorrect.  Thanks so much for your time!

support