Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Surgery recovery  (Read 281 times)

Offline amayapapayaaa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL Surgery recovery
« on: March 29, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »
Hi! I'm new to this forum but anyway, I'm currently one week post-op  from an ACL reconstruction. My case is a unique one because my ACL didn't fully tear, and only tore from my thigh so my doctor didn't have to use a gaft he was just about to repair it. He said he used a new ground breaking technique that is showing great success. Anyway, I'm 18 years old, senior in high school. It's my spring break right now and it sucks to be stuck in the house all day :( but that leads me into my question! I know it's different for me because I didn't have to do the gaft (he said recovery is the same amount of time) but summer is in 3 months. I want to know what you were doing 3 months after your surgery, like what kind of activities? I'm not expecting to be able to run or be where I was before, but I do hope I'll be able to do summer activities like hiking and swimming and be able to enjoy my summer. Bottom line, what can I expect to be doing in 3 months time? Thank you!  :)

Offline youngbodyoldjoints

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: ACL Surgery recovery
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 04:47:29 AM »
In general, typical ACL recoveries, 3 months is when you can do your normal activities comfortably- walking, biking, controlled swimming.

It's usually when you feel good enough that you want to do more, which I (and likely your surgeon) would encourage against. This should be the time when your knee finally feels more like a knee again, but you still need to hold yourself back from vigorous activities.
2010- L knee ACL recon
2011- L knee ACL recon
2012- L knee scope
2014- L knee scope
2016- L hip scope
2017- R knee PCL recon
2018- L lower leg peroneal nerve release
2018- L knee lysis of adhesions