Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: HGH (human growth hormone) injections  (Read 15660 times)

Offline BluJay

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
HGH (human growth hormone) injections
« on: March 30, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »
Has anyone heard about HGH injections?  I hjave severe Osteoarthritis and am supposedly on my way to tkr in the near future;  I have since heard aoubt human growth hormones injections that supposedl will regenerate the growth of your own cartilage!!!  I have heard 50/50 results about Synvisc.  Personally, I want to wait before trying this;  a) it only last 4 - 12 months if it works for you; b) there's pleny of re-hab to do after the 3rd injection c) the injections are painful;  i guess the most telling story I heard about synvisc is from this one individual who RAVED about it the first time she got the shots and promptly went back for another round of shots after it wore off, only to find it didn't work for her the 2nd time and indeed, she felt something like a "foreign" substance in her knee that was annoying and uncomfortable, besides still being in pain.
Anyway, all that to ask WHO HAS HEARD ABOUT HGH INJECTIONS:  here's the claim:  the substance is natural to your body and won't reject it;  there are no side effects;  your cartilage grows back (yes grows back); and there is no "down" time, no extensive re-hab time; and it lasts.....can this impossible dream be true?  Can somebody let me know what they know about this...any response is appreciated

Offline Gnarus

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: HGH (human growth hormone) injections
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »
Various places on the web like...

http://www.knee1.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=4863&enterthread=y

...have nothing but positive feedback on people using this as an actual cure going from a total 0 knee to a 7 to 8 outa 10.  Yet, posts here about this procedure are quite limited, why?  More information can be found on Dr. Dunn's web site at www.iagh.com

HGH does regrow cells, hence accelerates healing as well...right on top of rejuvinating and generally make you feel better.  Why wouldn't anyone think about this or even combining 2 treatments for a cure so to avoid TKR?...I'm just 29 and I will NOT accept having surgery every few months until I'm 40 to have TKR, which probly won't last long anyway.  I didn't even know about ACI until last week when I found this place (great place btw, I feel right at home) so I'm thinking a lot about it and why not straight after get a HGH prolotherapy treatment?  I'll sure try anyway hoping treatment like that are available here in Canada.  I'll search some more.

Anyway I'm bringing this post back on top and I will get back with more info....my knees only slows me down, they do NOT stop me.

Offline yorkere

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »
In 2000, I was a patient of Dr. Dunn (http://www.iagh.com).  I went through the standard treatment of Somatotropin (HGH) injections for severe, advanced Osteoarthritis of the shoulders, NOT knees.  His success rate for shoulders is only ~50%, and I was not one of those successes, unfortunately.  However, during my visits to his offices I spoke with several other patients who were being treated for knee and ankle Osteoarthritis, and they were claiming huge success with the injections.  I personally am convinced that the treatments are genuine and there is a strong likelihood of success for knee problems.

FWIW....

Offline rob8647932

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 05:34:09 PM »
I am a patient of Dr.Dunn's and have had good success with his surgery and treatment. My defects were grade 4 and the cartilage grew back almost to normal. For me, the procedure entailed a surgery to clean out the defect, abrade it or microfracture it, then a series of 6 injections ~ 4 days apart. Of course I had to be non wieght bearing for 6-8 weeks as well. The total healing is ~ 4-6 months.

Rob
Left knee - 1997 debridement, 1999 trochlea paste graft / microfracture), 2002 IAGH injections, 2005 plica and synovium removal, 2009 Regenexx injections
Right knee - 1997 debridement, 2000 trochlea paste graft, 2004 IAGH injections, 2008 Regenexx injections

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:49:20 PM »
interesting stuff.

Offline Gnarus

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
If I'd live in the States, I'd do it for sure.  But since I'm Canadian, I'm currently looking at another procedure.  BST-Cargel, I continued a post with all the info in it, your welcome to check it out.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33598.0

I the meantime, if anyone ever find out that HGH injections in the knee can be done here in Canada, pls let us all know  ;o)