Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bilateral Quadriceps tendon rupture  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Tvh3382

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 25
  • Bilateral Quadricep Rupture 14/2/18
Bilateral Quadriceps tendon rupture
« on: February 21, 2018, 09:26:34 AM »
Hi

Exactly one week ago I slipped on some black ice and felt Ďpopsí in both knees. Ambulance took over an hour so led on ice, freezing cold and in agony.  Eventually diagnosed with the bilateral quad tendon rupture on both knees.  Had surgery last Thursday and now in cricket bat splints which will be in place for 6 weeks. Still in hospital and PT and OT tried to get me to stand me up on Monday and Tuesday.  Monday I managed to get my heels resting on the floor before I fainted and yesterday I managed to stand for about 30 seconds but managed to faint again but I had managed to be sat down.  Banana board transfer to chair today and will wait to see where we go from here.  Hospital seems to have good policies in place but all geared to just one knee repute.

Any advice, tips and your own experiences will be very useful.  When have people got out of hospital, how to cope at home, when back to work (Accountant so desk based) and how long before full recovery.

Thanks
Phil

Offline PEB65A

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 61
Re: Bilateral Quadriceps tendon rupture
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
Phil,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I also was a victim of black ice 1/5/17.   

I would like to say after a year things are better, but you can read my posts.

I will say, I wish I had found this forum a lot sooner. There is good information, and good people, that relate to what we are going thru.

Hang in there.

Offline Barrjoe

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 64
Re: Bilateral Quadriceps tendon rupture
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:13:08 AM »
Sorry TV. Only ruptured right quad, but Iím a three timer.Do know the initial recovery pain as it was flat out agonizing the first time around for close to two weeks. Only words of wisdom I can give you be patient and , trust me on this one, take Metamucil as the odds of the meds raising hell with your system are quite good.

Hang in there and good luck.