Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2nd knee operation HELP!!!  (Read 1836 times)

Offline CUTitOFF

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
2nd knee operation HELP!!!
« on: March 29, 2004, 08:24:37 AM »
I had acl replacment and other ligaments reconstructed in June of last year.
I started having trouble with my knee alot of pain so they did an mri and "THINK" I tore my miniscus.  I was told I need to have another operration to repair this and was told they are going to reevaluate the ACL and redo that if it needs it. My question is do you think the second sergery is needed I have been pain free for almost 3 weeks now and I know my knee isnt right it isnt strong and and I cant really run and stuff but I really dont want to start all over again please help.  

Offline Femin3m

• Regular Poster
  • Mwahahahaha
    • Femin3m's home page
Re:  2nd knee operation HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 08:28:20 AM »
I think that its is best to do what your OS thinks is right im only 16 :D and ive only had 2 op but i think that i you have a good OS then the pain is almost worth it because afterwoods it might be better but i also think only get an op as a last resort

Good Luck
Kristyna
I dislocate every thing and have had two operations one on each knee

Offline Cornish-knee

• Regular Poster
  • you have to fight throught it!!
Re:  2nd knee operation HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 11:29:18 AM »
That is a good point  femin 3m  i am 17 and have had one op back in jan this year and they fixed the plc and i thought that would be my knee sorted, but when my os went into my knee he found i bust my acl aswell as the pcl   so i need another op which is the best for the future but i know what it is like having to start it again de-moralising!

I would talk to your os to get further info on what would happen if you didnt have the op and take it from their
july 03  dislocated leg torn acl pcl and plc + torn nerve
Jan 04 plc and nerve graft