Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: The inside of my knee  (Read 321 times)

Offline Marylee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
The inside of my knee
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
The inside of my left knee when I bend to set down on the floor it feels like a bandaid repping off.if I am setting in the floor I can not use the left knee to get up off the floor on.. what could it possible be?

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 370
  • Neelie knee!
Re: The inside of my knee
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
Have you seen a knee doctor? If so, do so. Could be anything, ligament, meniscus for example

Maybe stop sitting on the floor until you know what's wrong. You could injure it further

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Marylee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 01:32:48 AM »
Have not seen any doctor about it. It's not just sitting on the floor it's if I'm even bending my knee to get on the bed or the couch. And when I said inside my left knee I meant like under the skin on the outside of the left knee... I just hate to go to the doctor for something that isn't a constant issue.. Their reply could be same as yours well don't set on the floor but that's hard not to do with a 3 year old around.. but guess I might have to break down and go..Thank you

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 370
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:35:32 AM »
It’s hardly ‘breaking down’ if you go see a doctor because you are in pain and it’s affecting your quality of life and ability to lead your day to day!

It could be due to muscle tightness in your leg, your hip, even your back or irritation of one of the structures in your knee like a ligament. If you don’t want to see a doctor, see a physiotherapist. Do stretching exercises help at all?

Yes indeed, not sitting on the floor is probably impractical with a toddler :)

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Marylee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:48:24 AM »
Thank You...Never even would of thought my hip connecting to my knee it's time to go have things checked out.. I'm sure picking up a 3 year old often through out the day would take a toll on joints. My hips both of them have been going numb when I set in for more than 5 mins...all the turning twisting up and down stairs and add Fibromyalgia on to that time to make changes...