Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: had knee debridement  (Read 1083 times)

Offline bbls

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
had knee debridement
« on: February 08, 2004, 09:30:43 PM »
i had a knee debridement on nov 19 2003 from an injury workk related and im in so much pain  i hurt it on oct 3  and have been out of work since the os that did the surgery moved away  and now im just left hanging on rom of leg is 125  quad muscles 1 inch loss now hurting in my back attorney says they have to wait on med records to see another dr. i dont know what i should do now theraphy started on jan 6 04 and surgery on nov 19 does that make since to wait ao long? any help would be appperciated thanks in advance ??? ??? :'(

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: had knee debridement
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 02:17:38 AM »
What was your injury that you needed debridement? It seems strange that your doctor would move away and not assign another doctor to take his place. But workers comp cases are always complicated. Yes, it seems weird to wait so long for PT, but it's hard to say without knowing what your injury was. Have you noticed any difference since you started PT? Every state has different WC laws, so I'm not sure what your options are. I would call the state department which covers WC and ask to speak to someone who can tell you your rights.  

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline bbls

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: had knee debridement
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 09:34:38 PM »
a tear under the knee cap the dr never actually had a name for it.I feel as i was taken advantage of . i keep asking what exactly was wrong all he would sayarthirtis i read 1 report that stated chondromalacia patellae. he just treated me as if i were a nobody and now hes gone so i gotta find another doc to fix what ever he may have done. i feel im not getting any thing from pt but what do i know, lol they cant believe that he released me to work on feb 26 and no restrictions.  thanks in advance confused and what to know more lol................. its been 5 months the os stated what he did to my leg was a quick fix. ......  maybe long enough for him to get out of town