Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella Fracture Slow Recovery new Bone Spurs  (Read 569 times)

Offline nsbarb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella Fracture Slow Recovery new Bone Spurs
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:22:00 AM »
I am an active 56 yr old, this is my first surgery to repair a dislocated fractured patella using ORIF wire drilled through bone and tension wire in eight shape.  I was surfing a grocery cart in a grocery store and the cart flipped towards me, forcing me to land full weight onto my right knee.  This is 6th week since surgery, my knee is very tight, swollen and hot after PT excercises, icing nightly, completely lost muscles in thigh.  This is 4th week of physical therapy, just starting to put weight on leg.  Once I put weight on foot, realized I have bone spurs or some type of growth on heal and front foot pad.  I believe bone spurs causing tightness in big toe joint.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of the bone spurs? Have been taking Calcium Magnesium Zinc supplement and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water twice a day as home remedy for bone spurs as well as massaging.  None of these remedies seem to be working.

Another question while doing PT exercises knee cap needs to be pushed forward to get more ROM, is this normal.  When starting daily ROM exercises,  it takes manipulation and massage to regain range of motion gains previously reached.  ROM at home 50' while ROM at physical therapy 90'.  Frustrated that starting from zero each time I start ROM exercises, knee feels like a rock, concerned if I push it will break something.

Have pushed back return to work date from 1/5/18 to 2/20/18.  Can't see that I will be walking in 2 weeks.  Teaching on crutches not a possibility.

12/20/2017  Injuried from fall in grocery store
12/28/2017 Surgery ORIF repair fractured patella
1/12/2018   30' ROM, only wearing immobilizer when going to appointments
2/2/2018     Started light weight bearing on crutches
2/9/2018     90' ROM at PT only after manipulation

Offline Sprung

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Patella Fracture Slow Recovery new Bone Spurs
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »
I am an active 56 yr old, this is my first surgery to repair a dislocated fractured patella using ORIF wire drilled through bone and tension wire in eight shape.  The PhenQ explained here so learn more.

Man, I do grocery cart surfing all the time. I really need to get rid of that habit by the looks of it. I'm glad you're slowly getting better. I'm going to leave the advice part to more experienced folks though.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:15:15 AM by Sprung »

support