Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I'm doing a blog documenting my Acl Op  (Read 393 times)

Offline nomisyoung

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I'm doing a blog documenting my Acl Op
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »
Hi everyone...

I'm due to be having surgery this week and have decided to start a Blog documenting my journey from start to finish, thinking i'll have quite a bit of free time for a while ::)

Please feel free to check it out from time to time and I'll do my utmost to keep it updated!

Cheers!

https://nomissaclreconblog2018.blogspot.co.uk/

Feel free to Share too ;D

Online Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 370
  • Neelie knee!
Re: I'm doing a blog documenting my Acl Op
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
There's a section of the forum for you to post the blog contents in too

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=6.0
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline xink

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:56:08 PM »
Hi Simon

Good luck with your rehab.

I tore my ACL in 2004 aged 21 - Iím now 35 and what they donít tell you is that your knee is a ticking time bomb the moment you have this injury .

I quit football after my initial injury and joined a running club - I ran 20 miles a week for 4 or 5 years and travelled the country doing 10 road races .
Sadly in 2014 my meniscus was starting to thin and it tore .
I had a repair done which has a pretty extensive rehab - but the tear re-tore
I has another operation to trim the torn area out where they removed 50 per cent of it.

Iím now in a position at 35 years of age where I canít run and although my knee is stable and I have no pain - itís swelling daily sitting at my desk and without sounding too dramatic I literally feel like a part of me has died.
My only advice to you would be to avoid contact sports / high pivot sports when you finish your rehab and bear in mind that after 10 to 15 years you may run into further problems .
Hope it works out for you
Michael

Offline nomisyoung

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 11:58:22 PM »
Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply!

Sorry to hear of your knee troubles.

I'll have to respectfully swerve the recommendation to avoid contact/pivoting sports I'm afraid  ;)

I'm 2 days into recovery and all feels great. I guess I was lucky in terms of not having any other injury other than the torn ligament.. especially considering I'd played golf for 2 years (lead knee), run marathons and completed 2 Welsh 3000s challenges and done a few other things I probably shouldn't have (the consultant would cringe)  ;D
My leg was so strong going in, I'd questioned if I should even have it repaired but I'm young and I'd like to think I have a decent few years of skiing, football and other pivoting sports left in me before I hang my boots up for good.

Been waiting a long time for this, looking forward to the process over the next 6-12 months!  :P

support