Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Seasonal bliss  (Read 2381 times)

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Seasonal bliss
« on: May 03, 2003, 02:32:55 PM »
Hi!  I  know it is easy to find something to enjoy and appreciat in every season...and I'm completely blown away by the wonderful changes that spring is bringing...but what is your favorite?

Mine is fall.   For a teacher, it signals a beginning.  For  someone in farm country it signals harvest.   Actually it is the reds and golds and browns and greens--the warmth with a hint of things to come...  Excitement and planning and activity...  I am so in awe of the season right now--it is great, but for me, fall is my favorite.

What about you?

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

SL99

Re: Seasonal bliss
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 04:03:21 AM »
I absolutely love the colours of Autumn (Fall) that seem to glow in the lowered, but still warmning sunshine. It's kind of magical and enchanting somehow...if you know what I mean? Sadly though it always heralds the beginning of my least favourite seaosn...Winter. I hate it because I suffer physically with the cold weather - afecting my joint pain and settingoff my circulation troubles.  :-/

My favourite season would have to be Summer though, as everything seems so much brighter, happier and easier to cope with when it's bright and sunny.  I just love the warm, long days that we ocassionally get here in the UK! For those Aussie members, our summer is like those "cold" days you get over there in Winter!!

Love and hugs....Jo
xxx

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 12:59:38 PM »
Hi!

I really noticed the "smell of spring" yesterday when we were out of town at that other church.  It was so bright and sunny--but chilly...and yet there was this great smell in the air.

Maybe it is a sign of my age showing--but I got some peace and pleasure from noticing that detail...Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 03:29:10 PM »
I love autumn, the richness of all the colours, the chill in the air, the winter sunshine everything.

Iona

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 05:04:36 PM »
Wow, I thought I was a bit odd enjoying the fall rather than the spring and summer being my favorites. Glad to know I'm not alone.  I know some die-hard winter lovers and do wonder about them--lol.   Actually they are all winter sports lovers and it makes sense from that line of thinking.  Being a limping, leg dragging kneegeek frequently on crutches with lots of arthritis pain, winter has very little to offer me--except some joy in the beauty of a newly fallen snow when I am safely tucked inside with no intention of opening the door.  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 06:59:27 PM »
Great topis Sylvia!!! Hmm... Thats a hard one. I like all the seasons for their own reasons, with winter being my least favorite(no snow in GA just nasty cold weather.

I like Spring, because everything is opening and blooming. The weather is warming up so you can pull out Capris and T-shirts. The neighbor hood comes back to life with children EVERYWHERE playing together and enjoying the weather.

I like Summer for the same reasons pretty much... but being a student is means NO SCHOOL!!! It does tend to get a lirttle too warm down here sometimes, so Id have to say I really only like summer because of the happy kids and no school!

I LOVE fall, with the leaves changing, the crisp cooler air, but that also means schoiol back in session, but that really isnt too bad bcause its a freash start, new semester, new teachers, and everyone is refreshed from the summer.

Winter is alright, only because of the joy the holiday season brings. I would probally like it better if we were to get atleast one GOOD snow every year, but we dont always... this year we got zub-sero windchills and no snow!!

Its fun to see what everyone likes about the different seasons!!

Emily
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline Rich_NYC

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 08:41:32 AM »
I LOVE WINTER ;D.  (definitely in the minority on this one).  Here in New York, winter is nice and dry, wheeas the other seasons all have rain or humidity which is rough on my arthritis.  I also have a high metabolism, I rarely have to worry about a coat (sport jacket is usually fine).  In cold weather I can always add a layer, but in hot weather there comes a point where I can't take anything else off :-[ ;).  Since my knee problems and my cane use, snow (which I love) no longer has quite the same appeal it used to :(.  Nonetheless, I love all the seasons for one reason or another.  "To everything there is a season"
Rich
scope to repair 2 meniscal tears (didn't help the pain]; post-patellar osteoarthritis

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 10:07:05 AM »
Rich,
You are NOT alone !!! I to LOVE winter (even though it isn't good for my RSD) I hate the heat and find i feel sick in the summer from the heat, you can always put on more clothes in Winter (you can't go out in NOTHING in summer <LOL>  :o).
We are lucky here to get little snow (although I have worked in Ski resorts for a few years, but knee troubles/EDS adn RSD don't do well in Winter (BUT I STILL LOVE IT).
We now have central heating for winter and airconditioning in Summer.
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 11:03:48 PM »
I have always been in love with spring -- it fills me spiritually, mentally, emotionally.  I love the smell, the storms, the flowers, the rejuvination, the return of the sun on my arms and face.  But as I've grown through the years, I've developed a fondness for autumn, with its colors, its coziness, and its traditions (back to school, hunting season, and so on).

Cheers
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 12:06:15 AM »
I always used to love summer because of being off from school and going on vacations and also because my birthday is in the summer but in the past few years my opinion of summer has gone downhill-mainly because of my knee. I have always had my surgeries in the summer and that really ruined my favorite activities of going swimming in my pool and going to the beach with my friends. So because of that, my new favorite season is spring. This is mostly because it gets warmer and I can wear all of my cute spring clothes instead of bulky winter ones. It's also great to see the leaves come out on the trees, the grass get greener and the flowers come out.

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 12:41:36 AM »
I love fall.  New school year starting, new athletes to deal with, football and soccer season.  ALthough I don't really like the 16 hour days, it's still alot of fun.  There is nothing better than working a football game on a bright fall saturday.  Even better, is going out and partying afterwards  ;D.  I used to like winter because I used to do a lot of snow boarding.  Not anymore with my reconstructed knee.  I'd rather save my legs for soccer.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline cat

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »
 ;D I luv summer! Swimming, ice cream,slushies,shorts and NO SCHOOL! Spring is great because I can look forward to summer. Fall is Ok because the cooler weather is invigorating and we can look forward to Christmas. Winter is only OK if there is snow. I hate to be cold unless there is snow and hot chocolate involved!
cat
"Miserable malalignment"
 Lateral release, medial reefing, VMO advancement, and TTT-  3/2/04
Screw removal- 5/24/05
Cortisone injection to pes anserine- 7/27/05
Femoral derotation osteotomy, TTT revision- 10/18/07

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 10:36:22 PM »
Summer is great fun, but I'm wondering about the shorts thing now 8)  I have worn shorter clothing twice since my tkr and this scar gets me an interesting reaction...Can't wait until I have a matching set...lol

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

carol j

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 07:34:43 PM »
I am just a little bit partial to the autumn but what I really love is the CHANGE IN THE SEASONS. Where I live in central western Canada the seasons are quite remarkably different. The spring rains and lush new plant growth in the spring is quite beautiful. I love those "dirty hot" summer days with spectacular sunsets and violent thunder storms with lightning that makes the hair on the back of your neck bristle. Harvest on the prairies in autumn is such a wonderful time with the smell of wheat dust in the air and the leaves starting to turn vivid and beautiful colors. Winter arrives with frosty clean and crisp air and a fluffy white coat On special nights the northern lights or aurora borealis dances across the night sky. I love and look forward to the changes. :D