Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: chronic PFS- need advice, feel I've tried everything  (Read 14147 times)

Offline BusterCatLegs

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
Re: chronic PFS- need advice, feel I've tried everything
« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2018, 12:38:30 PM »
Hahaha..love this idea! I am going to wear a head to toe wetsuit-like outfit. It's crazy, I'm so inactive that I've been worried about even getting to the pool. Oh no, I'm going to have to stand and use a locker and blah blah blah. Time to get moving I guess. I've gotten so used to doing nothing that I think I'm actually doing too little at this point. I have been so terrified to have setbacks that I think it has hindered my progress a lot.

I'm excited for pool time. Thanks for being an inspiration. :)

Also I finally started stretching my quads really well. I've been scared to for months and have been doing not the best stretching and it seems the pain in my fat pad is actually much better when stretching the quads very well. We'll see! What a crazy journey we're all on. I really hope this clears up some day. Sending positive knee thoughts to all of you! 2019 is right around the corner. Who knows what's next?!!

Offline Mooseloroose

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »
I got diagnosed with this from a PT in October. From that point on the pain has been insideous. I have mild-severe pain 24/7. Walking, standing, sitting, lying down. As I write this I'm lying down and my knee is a 7. I have an X-ray, everything looks good. Even the overhead view of the Patella. I suffered a Tibia Plateau Fracture (broken knee) in 16'. Had surgery recovered extremely fast and have felt 95% for 2 years. IDK if all the single leg squatting over the years wore away the cartilage underneath the knee cap.

Offline reader278

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2018, 07:51:30 PM »
So i have an update! Basically after my surgery it seems i had a nerve entrapment of my inferior saphenous branch. my physio did some nerve release procedures and pain is so much better. but i still have the PFS pain. time to continue slowly strengthening.

Offline James NZ

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2019, 09:05:58 AM »
Hi all, what an awesome thread. I'll save my story for later, just wondering how your nerve entrapment was diagnosed reader??

support