Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I don't know what's wrong with my knee  (Read 240 times)

Offline Emilyhill2527

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I don't know what's wrong with my knee
« on: September 05, 2017, 12:17:53 AM »
Back in June I injured my left knee after accidentally planting my foot on another player's foot. I felt a pop and was on the floor clutching my knee and a trainer quickly came to my aid he had me do some tests like running and cutting. He said he didn't think it was an ACL issue because the swelling wasn't severe and I was able to do some running, but advised me to see a dr if the pain continued.

I woke up the next day in a lot of pain when walking and especially when bending my knee since it didn't bend fully. So I went to the dr and I was diagnosed with a knee sprain (I had a negative lachmans test and dr said it was not my ACL) and told to stop activity for 2 weeks. I also had an x ray which did not show any problems except knee effusion. After taking 3 weeks off I hurt it again shooting at a park. I didn't go to the dr again until after I felt it pop again at basketball practice while trying to shoot (was not running) this time a much minor pain but pain nonetheless. After a second visit the dr tested me again and was negative for the lachmans test and concluded once again it was not due to an ACL tear and advised me to do PT which I have been doing ever since.

I just want another opinion bc I believe it could be more than just a sprain at this point and the dr never gave me an MRI so I am not quite sure exactly what is wrong. I want to clearly rule out an ACL as it would put an end to my season. I just want to get back into playing basketball as it is my senior year and last chance. It's been pain free for a while now and I am able to run lightly and do everything normal but I haven't done full speed sprints ever since and I am afraid to experience the pop again and possibly damage more things.

support