Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I think I re-tore my MCL yesterday....  (Read 463 times)

Offline Cat Lady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • This needs bedazzling
I think I re-tore my MCL yesterday....
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:40:34 AM »
Hello, you!  :D I'll compensate you for your time with floofy goodness, I promise!

Uh, so, a bit of background...

A month ago (July 27), I knelt down and rammed my knee into the base of a display rack at work. At first I was diagnosed with a contusion, but the pain continued to escalate through the week until my HR manager told me to leave work early to visit a clinic. Surprise, surprise- they said I tore my MCL. Everything's been chaotic because of workers comp. and painful and I'm mentally incapable of handling all this in general. Thanks, autism. It took several days to authorize phyiscal therapy, I'm FINALLY getting an MRI this week... ARGHHH. Sorry. I'm stressed as frik.

So, anyhoo. Physical therapy, the knee brace, and the prescription painkiller have been helping. Got myself a new and pretty brace at the supermarket, too! After weeks of being an antalgiac mess, I was finally starting to walk normally. Er, close enough, anyways.

Aaaaand then I stepped wrong yesterday.

Or at least I think that's what happened. I just remember walking down an aisle and... uh, how to describe it... Like, imagine snapping rubber band real fast. Now imagine accidentally reopening a paper cut. Yeah. Both of those at once. Within a few seconds the area hurt like hell and I stopped what I was doing to go sit.

Fast forward to today... Still in pain (even with the painkiller), area's a tad swollen and warm to the touch, still in pain, stuck with that shuffly-waddle walk again, and did I mention I'm still in pain??

Yeah, kinda worried. All the clinics covered by WC closed after my shift, most won't be open tomorrow, and I don't have a follow up appointment til Tuesday. I dunno if I should wait til then or go to the hospital to get it checked out tomorrow.

TL;DR- I think I messed up my already messed up knee again and it hurts like a lady dog. Should I go to the hospital to get this checked out?

Here's that floofy compensation I promised.

Thanks! Hope you're having a better day than me!
**********〜 Cats & Sparkles 〜**********

Offline Susan17

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
Re: I think I re-tore my MCL yesterday....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:39:42 PM »
Omg you heard a snapping sound and are writhing in pain and haven't been to the hospital? I would go to the ER immediately. And call ahead to make sure that they have an MRI "available" to you or else find one that has one. An X-ray won't cut it.
6/20/17 - ACL Tear
7/25/17 - ACL Patella Autograft Reconstruction
8/11/17 - Started PT

Offline Cat Lady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • This needs bedazzling
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:51:01 AM »
Omg you heard a snapping sound and are writhing in pain and haven't been to the hospital? I would go to the ER immediately. And call ahead to make sure that they have an MRI "available" to you or else find one that has one. An X-ray won't cut it.

I didn't hear a snap (back when this all started in July, the customer I was helping when I whacked my knee said she heard one. But, again, that's back at the start of the crap show). Just a "snappy" sensation. I dunno. I have a hard time describing this kind of stuff in terms that the av-er-age person can understand.dammit, autism But I digress. I know it ain't good, but at least it's better than an audible snap. Again. *shudders* I try to be positive.

I have an appointment to get it checked out tomorrow at the clinic I've been goin to AND we finally got all the Workers Comp process crap done for getting an MRI- I'm gonna have it some time this week.

Ugh. I really gotta stop worrying about sounding like a malingering hypochondriac.

Offline BarefootPilgrim

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »
Hi there,

I think it's perfectly normal to be stressed out about an injury like this, I know I feel that way very often! The important thing is to try and remain positive, like you said, and take every step as it comes. Have you been able to rest your knee and ice it regularly to keep any swelling down?

An MRI sounds like a good idea, hopefully that can shed some light as to what caused the pain.

Hope you feel better soon!

Offline Cat Lady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • This needs bedazzling
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 02:59:21 AM »
Hi there,

I think it's perfectly normal to be stressed out about an injury like this, I know I feel that way very often! The important thing is to try and remain positive, like you said, and take every step as it comes. Have you been able to rest your knee and ice it regularly to keep any swelling down?

An MRI sounds like a good idea, hopefully that can shed some light as to what caused the pain.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, hon. <3

I'm gettin the MRI tomorrow. Finally gonna have an idea of what's goin on here. Aggghhh

But hey. I'm alive. Good enough! XD

support