Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 6 days po-op arthroscopic knee surgery  (Read 5446 times)

Offline Ts2011

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: 6 days po-op arthroscopic knee surgery
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2017, 10:03:41 PM »
Well news of my other knee (left) are no tears but my patella is now way out of track, lateral. Amazing, short time ago, 4 months maybe, believe no such thing. Unlike before, was given the full report. Guess the popping I'm feeling in the knee cap, is trying to adjust, pain and burning feeling are related.Mentioned therapy would fix, been doing therapy for a few wks and off and on as much as other knee could take and now with issues of crazy pain if extend my leg get crazy not sure what to make of the situation. for now. Btw_if been able to understand my poor PC grammar skills and read what previous that I haven't had much in the way of good news but will say this,  Dr mention have no arthritis.

Online Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 405
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 12:10:56 AM »
If it's patellofemoral syndrome caused by maltracking, you'll probably require many months of rest and Physio to get the muscles back in balance to get the kneecap tracking as it should , not weeks
Find a therapist with extensive experience in overuse injuries and PFS and do everything they say and recommend. There's good info in the patella primer in the info portfolio on PFS, maltracking etc

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/learning-portfolio

Good news on no arthritis

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Ts2011

• Regular Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 01:19:08 PM »
Meant to say xrays 4 months showed my patella where it should be, now it way out of track.. Idk what's with my computer but notice when look back stuff missing that I wrote or the words con lately changed.meanwhile still in constant pain with my other knee, really think it that impingment of fat pad, called Dr and was treated real arrogant by nurse. Asked me how I know and since when am and Dr going with his original diagnosis, whatever that ment and see u 5 wks neighbor told me it sounds like this lady has a problem and call after hrs. Really not sure what he gonna tell me anyway,

Offline Ts2011

• Regular Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
Wow, lot of stuff at the link, thank you

Offline Ts2011

• Regular Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2017, 08:33:49 PM »
Not sure how many days PO but since have tried to work and only made it a few hrs. Was able to walk around the block, out of the question now. If stand or straighten my leg, feel very sharp stapping pains, that can last hrs, depends. Been doing therapy and been pretty much just trying to rest it. Live alone and from day one thats been a challenge. Things not getting done or very sloppy bother me but gotten use to it, making the most of what can do. Anyways, condition still in limbo, as maybe I'm doing a good enough job of resting. Idk, it seams like all been doing, guess I gotta tried for better. Week ago had decided to stop therapy and family members agree as to them it sounds like and to me it feels as it is doing more harm and intensifying my pain. Big believer in therapy and in the past I thought for another injury it was gonna make worse but it fixed me but this. And this is like the 3 rd time. Should say not gonna give up Don't want to give up on it, just maybe try a new place and new approach, in hopes maybe they can do something to more adjust in helping to finding the sourse of pain and address, if follow what I mean. (earlier posts suggested this as well). Had asked about this or tried to at least to where I was and idk maybe I wasn't clear but it seamed to happened for one visit and that was that. Will see what happenens. Meantime as I feel like I got these fat pad impingement symptoms, of which the name had just became aware or learned of, and it something that's been with me  since back in april even on my best days, since my knee crashed on me ( working with a 25 pound backpack blower on my back I after was hoping the knee good) but had been wondering if a shot of something might help for something of this condition if this is what it is?. Had been avoiding any shots and have not asked for any as I read about shots and cartilage might not be a good idea but if the case and the fat pad is inflamed and if was given correctly location wise and all would it not contact any cartilage. Does it just get injected into the fat pad. More think about it the more it sounds know, it gonna effect everything around but idk. Guess the best thing would be to use something different but not sure one if they would do that for me and if so given an option.  My app is in about 2 and half wks. pretty much beg the Dr to see me about this (it not Dr BTW way, PA, but I took it and the neighbors were getting concerned and get on the phone to them). Dont know if seeing another Dr, is good but as was told by wife of retired Dr in town, might have hard time finding one now.

Offline Meralus

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »
Some of these posts are very hard to read. But I will try my best.

Are you depressed right now given everything going on? Surgery is just as much mentally traumatic as it is physical and there is no doubt it can affect your mental state and well being for some time, especially given a frustrating and extensive recovery.

As suggested above, get another opinion from another OS and also talk to a physical therapist about what you can do with bracing, etc. Are you still doing the RICE method? What else have you been trying?

Offline Ts2011

• Regular Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2017, 05:29:16 AM »
Thanks Meralus, kind of accepting my faith ATM. Had been really upset about the care and treatment received. Had one Dr never read me the MRI report and then went to 2nd cause of that, he never read me the full report and only cartilage tear he mentioned was the meniscus. Then went on to tell me I didn't need surgery being it was small and wasn't going to get worse. Then few wks later it was like the opposite of what he told me. Needed surgury cause my condition got worse and find out afterwords my meniscus was fine but I had a large articular cartilage tear, stuck in my joint, Never told me about this so was never able to make an informed decision on how too process. It'd just this thing was so mess up from the start, put my trust in people, something I don't usually do.On seeing another Dr, not sure if another Dr will want to take over after somebody had their hands on it, not to mention my options are limited due to insurence. More frustrating is not being able to work, just coming off a couple other major injuries, one injury bankrupted me when something wasn't n covered and then yr later trying to rebuild yet anothet and now this, 5 to 6 yr span, going through a bad stretch.
.just in tough spot financially with no end in site, had, has me stressed, it is what it us.  So did the  worst  hit, idk. Anyways,. On what I'm doing, therapy had really been making it painful Since I stopped, about six days ago today,  best I felt in wks. Feel like a prisoner in my place, can't drive yet (haven't been able to drive for months really) can't walk around the block, even around the house, it will upset my lower knee. Just pretty much resting and staying off it with a lot of ice. Been trying for 10 minutes on the hr. Looking into another place of therapy but waiting for OK on it, this place had a pool but I want to see if could get help on why I'm getting pain if stand or straighten my leg for more than a minute. Also have to set up a ride as can't yet drive as still to painful. BTW, curious to see how are u making out? Haven't been on here to see if gave any updates.

Offline Ts2011

• Regular Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2017, 06:07:57 AM »
Got some pain but can drive some in last week. Not pushing at this new therapy think has helped. They were doing something with the patella and think it's been positive.kind of got me doing some things that upset things in past last two visits was feeling pain over weekend but been happy to, although still issues with but drive