Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Experience with trochlear plastic, MPFL reconstruction and TTT  (Read 445 times)

Offline ClaudiaMortensen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello fellow people with sh*tty knees,

I am a 24-year-old female in Copenhagen, Denmark, and will in approximately 5 weeks from now undergo following three surgeries (in one go):
    - Trochlear plastic
   - MPFL reconstruction and
   - Tibial Tuberosity Transfer.

I am keen to hear from anyone who has had these surgeries, and preferably people who have undergone all three at once. How long did it take for you to recover? How long were you non-weight bearing? Which level of activity were you able to perform after having fully recovered from the surgery? I hear that it’s a painful recovery but what was your personal experience?

Background information: I have patella alta and my ligaments have snapped and stretched from so many dislocations and other knee injuries that they’re basically rendered useless by now. In addition to this, my trochlear grove is very shallow. I would say I have dislocated my knee approximately 8 times and subluxated it more than that.
I am looking for information both out of pure curiosity but also because I am trying to fit the surgery into a semester at law school, and I am unsure of how much class I should be prepared to miss.

I hope you can help!