Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Third ACL Tear?  (Read 687 times)

Offline stephense

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Third ACL Tear?
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:48:27 AM »
In November of 2014, I tore my right ACL during a basketball game. I had my ACL replaced with a cadaver graft. Went completely through physical therapy, was fully cleared for activities. (High school sports)
In September of 2015, I retore my ACL dancing with my sister, I jumped wrong and upon jumping, not landing, my knee dislocated. I figured it was nothing so I waited until January of 2016 to get it checked out. I had my ACL replaced with my hamstring tendons and my meniscus removed completely. I completed physical therapy again, with an emphasis in hamstring strength and inner thigh muscle strength.
In May of 2017, on Memorial Day Weekend, I was with my younger sisters on a playset. I was on the monkey bars, my feet about three feet off the ground, and I dropped down and felt my knee pop out of place. It swelled up and I could barely walk for three days afterwards. Four days on the swelling went down and walking improved...

Basically, what I am asking is what are the chances I tore my ACL a third time, and if I should continue to go to the same doctor.

Offline skapuria

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Third ACL Tear?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:52:19 AM »
Better to get this checked out by doctor - even if there is no swelling and pain. Physical tests and MRI are recommended.

Offline Susan17

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
Re: Third ACL Tear?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »
I know this happened 10 days ago but I am hoping you had an MRI of your knee. There is no limit to how many times you can tear the ACL. I really hope you didn't but am curious as to what happened.
6/20/17 - ACL Tear
7/25/17 - ACL Patella Autograft Reconstruction
8/11/17 - Started PT

support