Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ROLFERs in the US--Intensive tissue work  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 13
    • Check out my photography!
ROLFERs in the US--Intensive tissue work
« on: March 12, 2004, 06:39:52 AM »
Hi all.

I've recently moved to a new area and was looking for massage therapists and so forth so I can start being good to my knee and body again.  One of the things that I've found most helpful in my scar tissue / arthrofibrosis / myo-fascial restrictions / IT band syndrome / arthritis journey has been intensive therapeutic massage.  I'm hopeful that by going back to this I can help loosen up my scarred IT band and even loosen the lateral retinaculum on my 'good' knee so I don't have to have surgery.

I used to tell people how much ROLFING had done for me, and was repeatedly asked how to find good therapists who are trained in this art.  I finally found a good online resource!

http://www.rolfguild.org/usa.htm

Read up on this and then look for practitioners in your state.  It really helped me a lot when I was doing it, but my surgeon wanted me to stop because the deep tissue work was irritating my scar tissue (caused swelling).  However, I think it will be great to deal with the tight lateral structures on my good knee and to help with the pain in the sacro-iliac joints that I've now developed due to years of knee troubles....darned knees.

Hope someone finds a good therapist out there.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: ROLFERs in the US--Intensive tissue work
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 04:59:41 PM »
Hey !!
Thanks for your input. I found it really interesting to see which can improve on problems without surgery. There is a lot of stuff not used which can help a lot of us out there with kneeproblems. Thanks again.
Have a nice day !!

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.