Banner - Hide this banner

Poll

How much time it will take to fully bend of my knee?

Can my knee will bend with the help of physiotherapy?
1 (100%)
Do I need to go through another surgery?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Knee not fully bend after 7 months of surgery  (Read 645 times)

Offline tshivakumar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee not fully bend after 7 months of surgery
« on: July 26, 2017, 05:09:49 PM »
Dear Knee Guru,

I am 33year old, I met with bike accident on 15/01/2017 and I had multiple fractures on my right leg and one on my right hip. I had a surgery on 16/01/2017(only on my leg not on my hip(doctor did not see that there is another fracture in the hip)), after the surgery my two kidneys was failed and got water in my chest because some problem has occurred while doing the surgery. I had dialysis for 6 times and now am cleared with all my kidneys and chest and I was on ICU bed for one month. At the end of the month another doctor noticed that there is another fracture in my hip, again had surgery on my hip and I did not walk for 1 month.

I had rods in my leg, due to some reasons doctor not removed the rods for 4 months. after 4 months my rods got removed and physiotherapy was started. Its been 7 months now, my leg in not bending it is only bent about 35 degrees. My doctor is telling me that if my leg is not bent for some degrees in next 2 months then he will do another surgery on my knee. He said the surgery will be like some V shape to Y shape to my nerve. I don't understand properly. Pleases let me know is that surgery is needed if my knee will not bend in 2 months? Is there will be any side effects if I go through that surgery?

Am really scared what he is doing exactly. Every time he wants to do surgery and taking so much money from me. You don't believe me he done 3 times surgery on my hip. And now he said there is one more surgery on my hip because am not able to bend my body because there is a rod in my thigh and he wants to pull down so that I can bend myself.

Am attaching my X-ray copies to this email. Kindly suggest me whether am going to proper treatment or not? Your answer is very helpful to me. I request you to please reply to this email. The attachment contains before and after removing the rods. One rod is present in my thigh.

Regards,
Shiva

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 57
Re: Knee not fully bend after 7 months of surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:32 AM »
Dear Shiva,

Sorry to hear about all the struggle you are going through, it must be a tough time for you. I cannot give you any specific advice, but if possible, I think it would be important for you to get a second (or even third) opinion as to what to do next. Additional/new surgeries should always be carefully considered. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:13:34 AM by Brandon123 »
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

Offline tshivakumar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee not fully bend after 7 months of surgery
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »
Dear Brandon,

Thank you for the suggestion. I surely go for others opinion. Hope I will get any positive information.

Regards,
Shiva