Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 60 Days Post Op Lateral Release Plus...  (Read 1424 times)

Offline BacisMom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
60 Days Post Op Lateral Release Plus...
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:58:50 AM »
I have to say, I am relieved to have found this site - as I am sad for you all who have chronic pain, but I no longer feel alone. :-[

I am 60 days post op for a lateral release on my right knee - while in there he cleaned out a lot of dead tissue from behind my knee cap.

Up to 4 weeks after the surgery I was doing fabulous, doing things I haven't done in a year - and then the next day, the nagging, chronic pain started all over again, it feels tendon/muscular and bone on bone pain (dr insists I have moderate arthritis in that knee but it isn't bone on bone... but it sure feels like it). I have good moments (not completely pain free) and terrible moments where my knee is swollen and unstable and I am a crying mess. My routine has been:

Do physical activity such as watering the plants
ICE
Lets the dogs out
ICE
Make lunch
ICE
Work
ICE
I can't do much of anything else - every single move I make has to be calculated - I am tired and exhausted from the chronic pain... Aleve is no longer working and I can't really take much of any NSAID because of a previous heart issue.

After any type of activity - I have to ice. I can't walk more than 1 block without large swelling and instability and pain. My doctor is insisting my expectations are/were too high, I am insisting something happened because 4 weeks post op - I was excellent.

Please - has anyone had anything like this? I am literally at the end of my rope with this.

Thanking you all in advance,
Judi

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 39
Re: 60 Days Post Op Lateral Release Plus...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:21:47 PM »
Disabling knee problems, whether after surgery or not, can drive you crazy. I also have to ice a lot (due to cartilage damage under the knee cap) and it is so frustrating. Anyhow, it is probably difficult to know if something really happened in your knee after 4 weeks, but I would suggest you try to get a second opinion on that. The first doc who performed the surgery might take it as an "accusation" of a failed surgery, and hence, resist the idea.   
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

support