Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Put off the TTT opp for years  (Read 411 times)

Offline Jenfern

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Put off the TTT opp for years
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
Hi guys

I'm new to this site and could really do with some help.

I have had knees that dislocate for years on and off and ice elevation and limping around has always done the trick. But I am now 33 and think a massive part of my anxiety issues is probaalbly living with the worry of dislocation if I move the wrong way to quick.

You know how it is there is never a right time for this opp and I am petrified . I saw a surgeon 2 years ago after a nasty dislocation in a pool . And he said I would need this surgery as my knee is not tracking correctly. I of course got over the dislocation and lived a normal life, I can't run and I can't walk down the stairs at a normal angle but apart from that I get about fine so I didn't go to the surgery

Fast forward two years I'm in same place , knee came out again and I'm sat here with a swollen knee . But thinking this time I need to see the doctor and have this surgery .

I know there's a chance once the swelling is down and I'm walking around fine again I may back out of the surgery

So i really need some stories from people that are glad they had this done

I read one blog and a girl after 10 weeks was back at work and could walk without crutches
And happy she had but then another someone claiming still on crutches after 5 6 months

I guess I just need some moral support from other people who have been in this position and got through it or are in same positition

I'd love to hear some stories and how your recovery was u till you were up and mobile again

Thanks

Anxious Jen lol x

Offline Geronimo

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 8
Re: Put off the TTT opp for years
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »
what about knee brace? J brace in particular? Maybe that will help? if brace helps with instability I defiinitely wouldn't opt in for a surgery.

support