Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Question about incision  (Read 1625 times)

Offline yodalover

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Question about incision
« on: March 08, 2004, 07:00:35 PM »
I'm almost 8 weeks out from a TTT on my left leg.   I have 3 small 'holes' that have healed over nicely and a 2 1/2 inch incision.   Down the left side of the incision to the outside of my leg,   the skin feels numb.   As time has gone by since surgery... i'm getting more and more feeling back from this area of skin.

My question is...   is it possible with that sensation coming back the incision will hurt more?   My incision has an aching hurt in it.   I should probably point out that i've had 3 sutures poke out and they delayed the incision from scabbing over and healing nicely.   The incision is mostly healed, but i'm careful with it because it's not been to long since the last scab fell off.  

Back to the aching hurt... i also noticed i'm getting a 'blister' in the incision.  It reminds me of a pimple.  I'm wondering if this is normal as the incision heals?   I'm tending to think it's another suture or a hair growing that is having problem poking through the scar tissue.

I just wonder what you all thought.  I see the OS next monday so i'll ask him then about it unless it starts getting red and puffy and stuff.

-Paula
Left Knee - Modified Elmslie TTT with a lateral release and patella shaving - January 14, 2004
Right Knee - same surgery - June 9, 2004

support