Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Off, Finally  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Gizmocat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Off, Finally
« on: March 08, 2004, 06:16:33 PM »
 Hello everyone
I have to let all of you know. Last saturday, the 6th of March, I saw my OS again where he told me that my patella healed real good! He told me I could finally leave the brace off  :)and start, or should I say try, walking without it. Wearing that brace for almost 5 months day in and day out it felt like a huge load was taken off my chest, mind and knee after hearing what he told me. I know that it will still take time to get that knee to work like it did before my accident, or at least better than it does now. Like I was told patience.
I would like to thank everyone who has helped and are still helping me through this hardship. To the people I've written to and tried to help and of course everyone else with their knee hardship who read this I hope it makes you feel like things in time will get better, as I've been told by others on this site when I have had those bad days.
Almost on top of the world
Gizmocat

P.S. Jennie or JanieE if you read this let me know if you found those new legs you where looking for us. HA!HA!  
10/15/03 Ladder slipped out, approx. 12' up, slamed face into top of dock door splitting lip, KO, fell full weight on right patella, shattering
10/28/03 Surjery leaving 1/2 Patella in 4 piece

Offline JanieE

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Off, Finally
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 07:17:30 PM »
Hi Gizmocat!

Great news!  Makes you feel great to be rid of the brace.  I stashed mine in the back of a closet and told it never to come back out.  Another step in the right direction.  I am glad you are doing well, hadn't seen you around lately and was wondering about you.

Didn't you get your new leg - I put your order in!  LOL!

Janie

9/19/03 slipped in water on vacation broke left patella-displaced
9/23/03  surgery wires and screws
11/10/03 PT
12/3/03 walking with crutches
1/14/03 out of brace
2/17/04 hardware removal

Offline Gizmocat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 01:25:59 AM »
 Hi Janie

Nice to hear from you. I've been around, I just have not posted lately because of being a little upset with my boss, which by the way is my father, who has been on my butt about coming back to work. With having him on my butt it would kind of bring me down especialy when he had an accident at work himself many years ago. So today I went to work for the first since my accident and it wasn't that bad. Everyone at my company and the other company in the same building where glad to see me again, with tons of questions about what had happened. With me going to work again I'll be reading and writing on this board later than before.

It does feel great to finanlly get that darn brace off as I'm sure you knowing this after getting yours off on the 14th of Jan. Like you wrote, it is another step in the right direction, even though being a small step. Well Janie until next time, I'll write you later. Oh by the way I'm still trying my hardest to stay on top of the world, and so far so good. No still didn't get that new leg you put an order in for, how about you did you get your's yet.

Hope you're doing real good, LOL!

Gizmocat

10/15/03 Ladder slipped out, approx. 12' up, slamed face into top of dock door splitting lip, KO, fell full weight on right patella, shattering

Offline JanieE

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 07:45:57 PM »
Gizmocat -

I checked on that new leg for you - seems it is on back order, :D.  I'll let you know when they ship yours.  I think mine is here or at least it is starting to act like a new leg.

I started back to PT last week and made the bike go all the way around on Friday for the first time. ;D  Things seem to be falling into place and my lovely limp is starting to improve. :o Walking up stairs is getting easier but coming down still leaves a lot to be desired.

How is working going? Do you manage to hang in there all day? Remember - no ladders! Obviously they don't like you if they kick you off and make you fall. Don't let your boss bring you down (your Dad?!) - he didn't have the same injury you did so he cannot understand what you have gone through. Of course, he is your Dad so he may not listen.  You know how parent are.......

Good Luck, don't forget to check back in now that you are out amoung the "normal" folks.

Janie
9/19/03 slipped in water on vacation broke left patella-displaced
9/23/03  surgery wires and screws
11/10/03 PT
12/3/03 walking with crutches
1/14/03 out of brace
2/17/04 hardware removal

Offline Gizmocat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 04:08:12 PM »
 Hello Janie
About that new leg, it seems like my old leg is starting to kind of act like a new leg ;Dso I might not need that new leg after all, I hope ::). Yesterday I also had the rest of my teeth fixed from the accident, finally ;D.

Thats great news about your PT and making that bike go all the way around, excellent :)! Keep up the good, I mean great work, I know you can do it! The stairs I know for a fact are real hard because I still can't do them easy :(. Now doing the stairs the way I've been doing them for the last five months my other knee seems to hurt sometimes, some days more than others.

Awe, I like climbing ladders :P, just kidding ;D.Work seems to be going pretty good. I'm just trying to do the best I can at work, but I don't go in every day because of my knee. After a day at work when I get home my knee swells up and starts to hurt. There is something weird about this pain, the pain is in the joint and at the top of the knee cap where I didn't feel pain before, weird ain't it ???? Yeah I should know how parents are, my dad, seeing that I've known them my whole life, but I would think he would know best that this isn't an easy thing to go through.

Oh well I guess I must be going now, and good luck to you also OK ;D. I'm not out there amoung the "normal" folk, I'm far from "normal" so don't worry I will not forget to check back with you and everyone else on this site.
LOL

Gizmocat