Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Meniscus team - Considering PRP and MSC  (Read 2310 times)

Offline nycyogi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Meniscus team - Considering PRP and MSC
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:53:06 AM »
I had a medial meniscus tear 4 months ago while skiing and was advised meniscectomy. I am 44 years old and healthy and don't think meniscectomy is a good option. I am able to function, go up and down the stairs, teach yoga without any pain. The only issue is running and when i bent my knee fully, it has gotten locked ( doesn't straighten fully). When it is locked, i cannot straighten it fully and bear weight on the leg. If i bent it couple of times, it returns to normal. It has happens twice in 4 months.  I was able to squat comfortably and do complete lotus pose in yoga before the injury.

I am looking at PRP or MSC in the NY/NJ areas. Does anyone have experience with PRP or MSC for meniscus tear.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:03:05 AM by nycyogi »

Offline dal_knee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 47
Re: Meniscus team - Considering PRP and MSC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:12:05 AM »
Recommend PRP (high-quality like Emcyte....contact user PSNY for your geographical area ) to help calm pain & inflammation for the meniscus tear symptoms and then taking it a step further a stem cell injection directly into the torn part of meniscus to help it heal and avoid surgery.  The locking part is tricky.  The only providers claiming success for that publicly would be regenexx.

2007 - partial medial meniscectomy
2010 - full thickness chondral defect & adjacent subchondral edema MFC.   Direct result of stupid partial mensicectomy from 2007.
2014 - Subchondroplasty, chondroplasty, unauthorized 2nd partial medial meniscectomy.
2015 - partial failure of subchondroplasty.

Offline nycyogi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:49:28 AM »
Thanks a lot Dal_knee. It was very helpful. I am meeting with a Regenexx doctor in a week. I don't have any pain/inflammation and can go about my daily activities normally. Let's see what he recommends.

Offline Mr. Potato Head

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 03:48:24 AM »
NYCyogi

Can you give us an update? Did you end up moving forward with PRP or stem cell therapy?

support