Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: BIO-CHIP – researching a new regenerative therapy for cartilage defects  (Read 3669 times)

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 3
 BIO-CHIP – researching a new regenerative therapy for cartilage defects based on the use of autologous nasal cells (Nose2Knee II)

http://biochip-h2020.eu/the-project/
http://biochip-h2020.eu/the-science/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:44:14 PM by tomtomtom »

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
BIO-CHIP – researching a new regenerative therapy for cartilage defects based on the use of autologous nasal cells (Nose2Knee II)

http://biochip-h2020.eu/the-project/
http://biochip-h2020.eu/the-science/

Yes, I really hope that will work. A lot study but nothing in reality. I hoped for stem cell and lipogems will cure cartilage damage, but reality is other. Unfortunately in this moment no cure for cartilage damage, ONLY live every day with pain and hope.

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
It is quite certain that this, more advanced method will replace the existing one.After 15 years of research it has come
to the final part.Under the links, it is well explained where the difference between the existing harvesting cartilage tissue and this new method.Cartilage from that source is far more potent for cultivation with significantly better characteristics.The project comes from Switzerland and behind it stands the European Commission.

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
BTW,Lipogems is well-designed therapy that helps a lot and has results but it's not a definitive therapy.Just a step towards it.It really helped me a lot even though it did not completely solve the problem.BioChip is on its way to be effective therapy that would have evident regenerative potential, such as the therapy performed by dr Khay Yong Saw with peripheral blood stem cells,but less invasive with faster outcome and rehabilitation.The commercial value of the therapy is estimated to 17000€.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:12:35 AM by tomtomtom »

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
BTW,Lipogems is well-designed therapy that helps a lot and has results but it's not a definitive therapy.Just a step towards it.It really helped me a lot even though it did not completely solve the problem.BioChip is on its way to be effective therapy that would have evident regenerative potential, such as the therapy performed by dr Khay Yong Saw with peripheral blood stem cells,but less invasive with faster outcome and rehabilitation.The commercial value of the therapy is estimated to 17000€.

Hello Tom,

I read all your posts and if I understand you have chondromalacia gr. 3-4.
I have chondromalacia, my last MRI of September 2016, looked great, only subtle oedema of fat pad lateraly. But I think I have chondramalacia gr.1-2on both knees. my pain is more on laterally. And I think my patella damage are on laterally.
Every day I do my exercises( glute, hamstring calf) but only probleme is exercises to build my quad. I do isometric excises for quads.
In the past I had PRP injections on both knees, and I developed a lot swelling after these injections, very painful are these injections.
Can you say if Lipogems give a lot swelling? Did you have only Lipogems or combination PRP+Stem Cell+HA?
Also, I am skinny fat. Lipogems is that exactly like liposuction procedure? Because that, my friend had a lot complication after liposuction procedure.

I live in Canada and I am not sure if I will find here Lipogems. 

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
Tom,

Can you look this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izk-6acVEaU

If I understand, stem cells cause a lot scar tissues in the joint? Yes, I agree with him, like me after PRP.
I would like to hear an expert about that.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:19:18 AM by Aly0108 »

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Hello Aly0108

Yes,I have 3-4 grade chondromalacia.Me and razuzin have very similiar diagnosis.We both had a partial meniscectomy too. Unfortunately I have just started exercising more seriously and still have at least 25 pounds of excess weight. I heard that after PRP injections could be a lot of swelling and pain.This is not the case with Lipogems. They told me it was possible for a couple of days to feel some discomfort, but that did not happen.On the contrary, some patients immediately after applying to the wrist feel the relief.Probably because it has potent anti-inflammatory activity. I did not use PRP,HA or stem cells with Lipogems.

What may be uncomfortable is liposuction. Standard liposuction is performed under total anesthesia and it is an aggressive procedure. Lipogems includes mini liposuction which is performed under local anesthesia. If the operator is rough and too fast, it will be less comfortable for the patient.This is likely to happen to your friend. So it all depends on the operator. Did you read razuzin experience ? He  had two operators during liposuction,one on the each side.One of them was less gentle and he felt it. I believe that very soon Lipogems will come to Canada.
Regards

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:47:52 PM by tomtomtom »

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Tom,

Can you look this video?

If I understand, stem cells cause a lot scar tissues in the joint? Yes, I agree with him, like me after PRP.
Maybe at the beginning.During the healing process, it is formed in a much smoother form with no scar tissue.

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
Tom,

Can you look this video?

Maybe at the beginning.During the healing process, it is formed in a much smoother form with no scar tissue.

This week I sent any emails to Konard Slynarski in Poland, NJ regenerative Institute, I asked him about my situation if I am eligible for Lipogems .I have chondromalacia gr.1-2 with fad pad impingement. I want really to try these injections but I am scared about fat pad. How fat pad will react with these kind of injections.
After PRP my fat pad reacted very bad. My surgeon explained me  that is normal reaction after PRP to have swelling, but my swelling had keep some months.
I would like to hear an expert in fat pad about Lipogems.

Tom, can you tell me where was your pain?

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: BIO
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 08:34:34 AM »
A very clever move to contact Dr. Konrad Slynarski.Poles were among the first to introduce Lipogems treatment and dr. Slynarski was an orthopedist who probably had the highest number of patients. A few hundred maybe,and has the largest database and patients who were treated 3 years ago.Many of them were candidates for total kinee arthroplasty.
This is the best address for issues that bother you and I believe that he will give you a credible answer.In March this year,he hosted an international conference on Lipogems.
http://lipogemsday.pl/PROGRAM

My pain was on the medial side of the right knee,where I had partial meniscectomy and cartilage lesion.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:44:46 AM by tomtomtom »

Offline tomtomtom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Offline neptronix

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
    • neptronix.org
Yes, I really hope that will work. A lot study but nothing in reality. I hoped for stem cell and lipogems will cure cartilage damage, but reality is other. Unfortunately in this moment no cure for cartilage damage, ONLY live every day with pain and hope.

Biochip has worked for some patients.

Stem cells don't work? why is mayo clinic working so fervently on getting clinical trials done then?
The use of stem cells is still early and there is still hope.

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 399
  • Neelie knee!
Isn’t that the whole point of clinical trials...to test a hypothesis and see if it actually works? Which is what scientists are doing with stem cell trials.

I think the poster’s point is that there is at the present time, no irrefutable or even proven high likelihood that stem cells work for certain knee issues (such as arthritis). It may be that there’s just no large enough datasets at present, or long term data. Fixing knee issues is a long game not a simple fix
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up