Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Clearing the clutter: Writing letters?  (Read 1581 times)

Offline kayeinsea

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Clearing the clutter: Writing letters?
« on: May 27, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »
I used to rely on Yelp for every pet peeve I had. This was sort of worth it, i was "elite" for a few years and got into free happy hours, concerts, etc.

But it was really negative, often, and THIS year made a decision to TALK to business owners about the good and bad.

I usually speak to them in restaurants, or at a store if its clearly slow. It helps me clear my mind it's being heard and dealt with.

With my knee, maybe 10? Different doctors didn't listen; I was scheduled for 2 of the WRONG doctors (after driving 2 hours each way) and 2 doctors said they flat out wouldn't treatment because i was doctor shopping.)

I'm a writer by profession....Would contacting clinics with a REAL LETTER be worth it? Anyone done it? What have the responses been like? I fear with medmal no one will give a poop.....
Oct '16: Fell, landed in splits.
Dec '16: PT twisted left knee, loud pop. MRI #1: patella off track
Feb '17: New PT popped kneecap into place
May '17: MRI #2: Meniscus signal, severe cartilage damage.
Feb '18: MRI #3: No meniscus tear, patella off to the side, shallow groove, barely any cartilage

Offline leezard

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
  • I'm no gimp, I'm transportationally dysfunctional!
    • SnapDragonz
Re: Clearing the clutter: Writing letters?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:37:38 PM »
As long as the lead clinical manager sees it, I think it would make a difference. I would do it.

I've had similar issues with physicians, and have finally decided to write complaints to the governing physician agency in my province. I won't return to those physicians again, but hopefully it will make enough of an impact for them to provide better care for people in the future!
Krystal

6/6/09 - TPF (fell)
6/7/09 - surgery: plate; 9 screws
6/9/09 - d/c from hospital w/immobilizer; NWB
6/15/09 - staples removed
7/6/09 - start on ROM
8/6/09 - 20lbs WB, start PT
8/30/09 - stuck @ 75 degrees; start weaning brace; up to 60lbs WB
9/28/09 - D/C from OS care; 92 AROM; 105 PROM

support