Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 16-days post-op, best day since op  (Read 1176 times)

Offline ouki

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • having a blast
    • My knee
16-days post-op, best day since op
« on: March 03, 2004, 11:04:14 PM »
Greetings.
Posted prev I was complaining about feeling sick after the first week of surgery. As people stated there, it was a reaction to Percocet, something my DR never  brought up or noted.. Thanks to everyone for the help there. I stopped taking it, and dealt with the pain, was much better off this way in the long run..

It is now 16 days after ACL replacement and MCL repair, plus a general clean up of loose ends in the left knee from an injury back in November.. Today is actually the best day I have had since surgery.. I have been moving around with one crutch for about 5-days, and today I can move quite well with no crutches.. Only have about 85-degrees of movement in the knee yet, and it is still quite swollen. But all in all, I'll take it for now...  Just want to get back to work..

It has been 4-Months with this knee, and I am getting antsy.. Plus my business is going to h*ll in a handbasket, hopefully by 1st week or so of April I'll be back to work.(would be nice).

But all in all no current complaints, I feel great, very low pain, mostly discomfort from the swelling of the knee.. I am hoping to get back into some mountian biking in May, but we will have to wait and see if possible.

Best of knee to everyone...
O
11/8/03 dislocate knee, kneecap, tore quad mus, tore ACL/MCL damaged miniscus.
2/16/04 rpl ACL w/cadavor tendon fix and clean up the rest.
See my knee journal, http://www.lemoi.com/knee

support