Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 14 days post-op patella-femoral replacement  (Read 1047 times)

Offline teresa.uk

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
14 days post-op patella-femoral replacement
« on: February 25, 2004, 11:28:14 PM »
Just to let people know how things are going.I am on crutches for 6 weeks,or a cane earlier if I can manage,as i cannot straight leg raise,or even raise my heel yet, but this will come,but I am in danger of dislocating,as the ligaments are well overstretched from the patella being slid over to let the metalwork be placed in,and then the avon cap being cemented over the back of the patella,and then it being slid back.I have a bend of 90degrees,and should get to 120 with a lot of hard work.I need to ice with my crocuff quite a bit,as the knee is understandably swollen.I have had the clips out,and the scar is healing well.I am on tramadol 100mgs 3xdaily,which keep on top of the pain.
The surgeon is very happy with things,and I see him at 6 weeks,and then have physio if needed.Meanwhile I have physio instructions to follow.The pain is certainly different to pre-op,whichis a good sign,so cross your fingers.Anyone with any questions,just ask,as there are not many PKR topics on this site,with as much info as other topics.Even tho' I am from the UK,I think the procedure will be similar.
Teresax
osteoarthritis both knees,arthroscopy 1993.Bilateral arthroscopies,semi-open lateral releases jan '03.Hands now affected.1 knee made worse by op.Patella-Femoral replacement done 11 Jan 2004.

Offline ozzybug

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Never do what you would un-do if caught
Re: 14 days post-op patella-femoral replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 03:47:59 AM »
Teresa-
It sounds like things are moving along smoothly for you.  It's always nice to hear some good stories!  I hope that all continues to progress nicely and that your recovery will be swift and that there will be minimal pain for you.

Keep us posted!
Lezlee
Rt knee:Meniscal repair 8/03: Repair prev. meniscus repair 10/03;Chondro shave, scar tissue removal 12/03;LR,debridement chondro & scar tissue 04/02/04;TTT done 09/14/04;VMO advancement 04/2005- Does it ever end?

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 20
  • From the Land of OZ
Re: 14 days post-op patella-femoral replacement
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 07:53:41 AM »
Hi Teresa

Glad to hear you are doing well and your doc likes how things are going. Keep us posted on your recovery. This procedure has been discussed by my doc for the future.

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec
MCL,revison LOA