Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: has anyone had microfractur on medial crondial 2cm so thats 7/8 inch  (Read 439 times)

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
 :) well guys they whent into my knee even though i found it getting better i wish i had left well alone 6 weeks none load bearing got to do. im 4 weeks out now and it well i dont know if anyone else has had this but my foot keeps going cold then warms up realy hot and it feels like i got one leg longer than other i was getting 2 mile walks in before now come down to nothing.
just hopping along Im doing exersise bike its going past 90 deg now no swelling but the outside and pattela dont feel like they are tracking properly it feels like its wobbling as i push bike and feels all dried up in the knee for some reason
any hints or experiences by other would be nice to here from you
as im feeling looking on net that at 2cm size it is to big to microfracture
I should say they said nothing was wrong with my knee on mri but i kept complaining about knee and ankle

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 372
  • Neelie knee!
Re: has anyone had microfractur on medial crondial 2cm so thats 7/8 inch
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:37:30 AM »
What is your physio saying?  If you're not seeing one as the NHS hasn't sent you, I'd strongly suggest paying.  The patella sliding is also probably a muscle weakness issue, again a physio can help.  Cost you around ?50 to see someone, it's a wise investment for going forwards :)

When do you see the surgeon again?  You really do need to discuss these changes in your foot as they good be indicative of a nerve issue for example (something called CRPS).  Get checked asap (even if by your GP in the meantime)

2cm is a fair size for microfracture, but if I recall, you are in your 60s - there's not another alternative (that you would be offered in the UK) beyond knee replacement to try to fix the arthritis

Good luck - do see the doctor/surgeon/physio asap.  You need an expert to review, not just thoughts from patients in the Internet :)

Ref the sweating you mention in another thread, are you taking any medication?  Tramadol for example commonly has night sweats as a side effect (I get them too when I take it)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:52:00 AM by Vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 08:04:07 AM »
hi vick i whish now i had took notice of your first post mate and stayed with what i had at 1.8 miles mate
dont let them buggers in your knee.
Well 3 days befor i whent in for surgery doing what you told me the knee was feeling much better it was twisting a bit yes but no pain as such and going in a streight line the only problem i had was the cold foot and ankle hurting.
Now well i have a real sore ankle that im told i might have to live with a sore foot that turns blue and cold and the get red hot at about 9 pm at night like no circlulation
And the knee cap well on the outside it is as sore as hell like i got a ulcer underneath what a comotion this has turned out to be.
And to top it off with all that hopping about the other big toe is going cold at the end.
im 41/2 weeks out and this has just gone worse.  the microfractur he did on the inside of the knee was 2cm a bit on the big side 7.8 square if you ask me.
ive been doing side leg lifts exersise bike 4 times a day quad and vmo exersises but im not getting the knee cap to slide in that grove in the knee like i had before.
Wish he had just gone in the knee looked and closed it up and asked what i wanted to do with it cos these microfracture things area  a lod of rubbish.
he didnt say anything about my acl which last time they said was stretched.
is it common knowledge that you start to hurt other knee using one leg to get about a bit with the crutches.  Im going to book likle you said a phisio appointment with the guy who does ultrasound on the knee before see what he can do just feels like scar tissue under knee that is not letting my knee go in a streight line but to swist inwards.
regrards  john

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 372
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:23:59 AM »
Were you shown how to use the crutches properly before you left the hospital? You can easily put everything else out of whack on crutches, which is partly why they get you off them asap

Yes, see the physio asap, get him to check your crutch use if still on them. Get him to check your foot and ankle, probably exacerbated by not walking properly

With the microfracture, give it 6 months, with frequent physio and all sort of sercises, not just the bike

I trust my surgeon implicitly, he will not operate unless every other possible conservative option has been exhausted, which is why I've only had physio and injections in 6 years despite the state of the knee deteriorating steadily

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:54:18 AM »
hi vick i sort of hop on them and try to keep square when im doing it i whent round tesco yesterday and borrowed one of their wheel chairs so as not to put any load through that knee
but you cant help being a bit out of flunter hopping on one leg its not ment to carry all body load is it but taking some of the best knee with the crutches so i hope im doing it right
I keep getting that pain to the outerside edge of that knee the opposite to where they did the microfracture  must be pain cos i got no medial crondial bearing pad lol
foot was a little bit better yesterday till about 9pm then the bleeding thing started to get warm again thought hey its stayed same temprature for once.
they say nothing wrong in ankle but you dont get pain their if their is nothing up.
just feeels like i need some wd 40 spraying in asnkle and knee joint.

support