Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Medial knee pain 2 weeks after meniscus repair/acl surgery  (Read 418 times)

Offline alon0019

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Medial knee pain 2 weeks after meniscus repair/acl surgery
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »
Hi!

I had acl reconstruction and repair (not removal) of the medial meniscus (in the red-red zone) about 2 week ago.  Things were slowly getting better (though the swelling has been kind of frustrating--neither ice nor elevation nor compression seem to affect it.) 

Yesterday I was even mostly walking around without crutches (but with my leg in the straight leg brace locked at 0 extension)

I've been mostly really good about PT etc., though yesterday was a bit busier and I didn't do as much as I have been. Then, in the evening I started to experience pain along the medial joint line when I tried to either put weight on it (or this was the weird one) relax my leg after straight leg raises: also, whereas I was at 90 percent flexion, it's gotten painful to flex the leg now.  It doesn't seem tooo much more swollen, but a little more swollen around the joint line.

I'm hoping I just did a little too much, as I'm scared I somehow retore the meniscus.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Things were progressing pretty well before this.

I'll see my PT today and OS on thursday, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had this experience.

Let me know,

Amaya

Offline alon0019

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Medial knee pain 2 weeks after meniscus repair/acl surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »
Just updating in case someone else comes across this--I had just overdone it a little.  I iced and elevated and went back to two crutches for the remainder of the week.  Hard psychologically and practically (and it was more painful to do my PT exercises so I didn't do those as much either)

Anyway, I have now learned that overdoing it won't cause immediate pain, but instead pain down the line--so I'm being much more careful about increasing activity/weight bearing slowly now.

Thank you!