Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tore ACL for the second time.. Is rehab worse?  (Read 281 times)

Offline colton1998

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tore ACL for the second time.. Is rehab worse?
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:19:01 PM »
I tore my ACL, Meniscus, and a partial tear on my LCL about 2.5 years ago playing football and then tore my ACL again playing rugby a few months ago. I read that the second rehab was worse and I was wondering if anyone knew a good time period before I could start working again? I am a a student and during the summers I work at a furniture store doing various jobs such as building furniture, moving it, and delivering it. Is there a good time period I could tell my boss I should start being able to work? I know I wont be able to move heavy pieces for a while but more of the light work like moving around a light chair or something. I also am not having surgery until I am out of school for the year so I don't have to worry about rehab and my studies. Thank you for the time to read this and help me out!

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 96
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Tore ACL for the second time.. Is rehab worse?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »
You'll need to let us know what procedure you have had for this second tear (or if you are not having surgery).

[It's helpful to put this into your 'Signature' so it appears on every post. To do this you go to the menu and walk through Profile/Forum Profile/Modify Profile/Signature. You will see that many people like to do this.]
--
KNEEguru

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Re: Tore ACL for the second time.. Is rehab worse?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »
I tore my ACL, Meniscus, and a partial tear on my LCL about 2.5 years ago playing football and then tore my ACL again playing rugby a few months ago. I read that the second rehab was worse and I was wondering if anyone knew a good time period before I could start working again? I am a a student and during the summers I work at a furniture store doing various jobs such as building furniture, moving it, and delivering it. Is there a good time period I could tell my boss I should start being able to work? I know I wont be able to move heavy pieces for a while but more of the light work like moving around a light chair or something. I also am not having surgery until I am out of school for the year so I don't have to worry about rehab and my studies. Thank you for the time to read this and help me out!
Which type of acl surgery did you get before? Patellar tendon, hamstring graft or cadaver? What are you planning on getting now?